daddy said, "stay away from juliet"

Start from the beginning

        "Then? I'll just keep it a secret. I have lots of secrets, right? I'm a con man, Red. Deal with it."

        "Yeah, sure. But all of those secrets are used against your enemies. This one will lead you to danger."

        "C'mon, live a little! I'll just ask her out and then I'll sneak back in."

        "What will your parents say?"

        "I'll just tell them that I was at a party."

       Red considered it. Ricky was the kind of bad boy who snuck off to parties in the middle of the night all the time. His parents tried grounding him once, but he broke the window and got out. The Bowen parents were used to it.

       "What if they won't believe you?"

"Trust me, Redonovich, they will."

"What if they don't?"

        "Seriously, we could do this all night. I'm sneaking out to see her, and you can't do anything about it."

        "Fine." Red mumbled.

        "End of discussion." Ricky concluded. "Now, you can go home. Also, tell Ashlyn that you like her."

"How did you-" Red started to say, but Ricky had already disappeared. "That guy really is a magician," he muttered.

The Roberts Mansion

"Nina, do not fall in love with Richard Bowen. He will break your heart because he's a bad boy. If you were to fall in love, why not EJ Caswell? He's handsome and nice enough," Gina said. She was explaining to her cousin why she didn't want to like Richard Bowen.

"But he's gorgeous and such a gentleman," Nini said, staring off into space. "Don't fall for that trick," Gina warned. But nothing could stop Nini when she put her mind to it. "I'm going to see him, one way or another."

Gina sighed. "Fine. Because I'm your cousin, I won't tell if you sneak out. If he does come here, lock the door." As she left the room, Nini could see pebbles being thrown at her window. She went to see what the commotion was all about and found Ricky down below, his curly hair wilder than ever and his cheeks flushed. Nini thought it was kind of cute.

"Hey!" she whisper-yelled. "What are you doing down there?"

"Trying to contact you," the boy said. "Now that you've finally noticed me, can I come in?"

"No, my parents are in there!" Nini hissed. Her parents were in the house, so they would be furious to see how a Bowen would've sneaked in here.

Before she could say something else, Ricky was climbing the slate wall on the side of the mansion. "You're going to fall, get down!" Nini said. But then, Ricky appeared in the window.

"How did you-"

"Hey, I've climbed plenty of things before. I've been rock climbing, refrigerator climbing, but that was just when I was younger. I guess you've never had to climb anything in your life, huh, Princess?"

Nini wasn't exactly a daredevil, even if her parents would let her, which they didn't. She'd always played it safe, which earned her the nickname of "Scaredy-cat" in fourth grade when her class went to a rock climbing garden. She didn't want to scale the large wall, and all the kids made fun of her after that.

"No, not exactly," Nini admitted. "Anyways, we didn't exactly get to know each other well enough, so I'll introduce myself. I'm Nina, but you can call me Nini, I'm 18, I go to East High, and I'm a singer/songwriter/musician. You might've also known me as the "Roberts girl" that your parents talk about all the time and tell you that our families are sworn enemies."