Year One : Part 2

Start from the beginning

After school she was pleased to see Hibari waiting outside for her as per usual. A smile appeared on her face glad to see him there. He pulled out his Tonfas. By now it had been ritual for the two of them to spar after school. Hibari enjoyed it because Sakura put up a fight. She wasn't weak like the other herbivores that went down with one hit. And it had been clear that they challenged each other, improved their fighting styles and soon they became very compatible fighting against one another.

Today though something happened that neither one of them expected. Sakura took off her coat because it was restricting her movements. Then they went at it once again in the center of the courtyard where they wouldn't be a danger to other students. Sakura did a flip to land a hit on the top of Hibari's head. Hibari blocked it with tonfa trapping her ankle in the cross of the weapons. She felt it though. She felt the metal in her legs vibrate up to her knees. She looked at him with wide eyes.

He too felt it. It was normal for him to know what it was like for bone to collide with his tonfas but this was different. It almost felt as if his Tonfas were colliding with themselves. He frowned and looked up at her. Her usually calm confident eyes were wide with fear. His expression changed to concern. He found something out he wasn't supposed and he knew it and he knew that she knew it as well.

Sakura retreated and Hibari let her. "I'm sorry" she told him, grabbing her coat and leaving the school in a rush.

Hibari was left there dumbfounded as Kusakabe approached him. "Sir?" he questioned. "Pull everything we have on Yakumo Sakura" he ordered. "Right away" the second in command said and left.

Cherry Blossom Princess
Hibari was sitting at his desk looking over budgets for the clubs when there was a knock on his door. "Come in" he ordered as he flipped through the papers. Kusakabe entered, shutting the main office door behind him. "You asked about first year Yakumo Sakura?" he reminded him. Hibari put his file down and looked up at his second in command. Kusakabe handed the folder over to Hibari and Hibari opened it to read it.

First year, Class 1-B Yakumo Sakura
12 years old, Birth Date March 21st. Blood type AB
196 cm, 54kg,
Favorite color soft pink, prefers green and white teas
Heiress to the Yakumo Yakuza
Known among the Yakuza as a princess, due to her young age and keen business aspects
Namichu rank 7, rank 1 among the men at Namichu, part of track team
Likes to sing and dance.

Hibari turned the page in the folder. His eyes widened as he read the history of this girl. The crash at nine years old. The trips in and out of the hospital for two years. She has studied karate, tae kwon do, gymnastics, and several other martial arts. Then he noticed the doctor's footnotes and he looked up at Kusakabe. "These medical records are from Namimori hospital?" he asked. "Yes sir."

Hibari turned the page again and saw the x rays from when she was nine years old. The shattered bones of a child that was protected and loved by her father. He kept leafing through the x rays all the way up until he saw the latest ones. He saw the titanium metal that was mixed in the outline of bone.

That metal explained why he felt that clang of metal against his tonfas earlier that day. A smirk appeared across his face. This girl suddenly seemed so interesting. Hibari wanted to acquire such a rare find indeed to have on the committee. It would be better to have her on his side then continue fighting against her quirky ways. "Tetsuya I'll be keeping an eye on Yakumo," he said closing the folder and putting it away. "I do believe she prefers to be called by her first name sir." he stated. Hibari looked up at him and frowned before he quietly scoffed and headed out for a patrol.

Secret
The first snow of winter had arrived just before the winter break. Sakura could feel the cold in her legs. Oftentimes it left her aching and hurting to walk. Today the pain was especially bad. She had asked Kai to make a doctor's appointment after school. This cold winter day Sakura actually wore her uniform properly, something that pleased Hibari.

He approached both Sakura and Yuna. Scared Yuna hid slightly behind Sakura. But Sakura wasn't feeling well and it showed in her attitude. "What is it Hibari?" the Yakuza leader snapped at him. His nose twitched. "I wanted to commend you for wearing the uniform properly." Sakura nodded. "And I wanted to inform you that if you continue to wear your uniform properly there may be a spot on the committee for you" he shared showing her the red arm band. Sakura's eyes widened as she looked at this item. A little part of her did want it and to be on the same committee as her crush. "I think I can manage that," she muttered. Hibari nodded pleased with that answer. He turned to walk away. Sakura walked with Yuna besides her. But her pace was slow. "You okay?" Yuna asked, concerned. "Yeah. you know this weather really throws me off" She reminded her friend.

Yuna stared at her. "I'm worried Sakura, last time you were like this your legs gave out and you had to go to the hospital for a week" she commented. Sakura shook her head. "I already had Kai make me an appointment for after school I just need to last the day." she said softly as she struggled to walk to the front of the school. Yuna was about to protest and tell her friend to call Kai right away but instead she found herself calling for her friend instead. Sakura fell forward, passing out from the intense pain.

Hibari was not far when he heard the scream of a voice he knew. He turned around to see the girl that had been challenging him since the beginning of the school year. His eyes widened before he called his men to get an ambulance and keep the students moving. After all it was still a regular day at the school. Hibari himself went over to Sakura and checked on her. Yuna was slightly freaked out. "You're her friend right?" he demanded as he picked Sakura up off the ground. Yuna pulled out her cell phone to call Kai as Hibari took Sakura to the infirmary.

A trip to the hospital by ambulance
Two surgeries
Six weeks of rehab

The winter break had started by the time Sakura had gotten out of the hospital. Yuna had been the first person to visit her outside of the hospital. But to Sakura's surprise was the gift she got when she got home. On her bed was a small box and a letter. Kai had said it was dropped off by a small group of young men with dated haircuts.

Sakura opened the letter first. It was from Hibari who was wishing her well and telling her that he expected to see her next spring. There was a date on the letter. The date was two weeks before the semester was supposed to start. Her eyebrows furrowed together and she turned her attention to the box. Carefully she opened it and saw the badge. Her eyes widened and she blushed then took out the badge and giggled a typical school girl giggle.

Notes:

Just a wanted to give everyone a small introduction to Sakura and her character. Out of all my original characters she is most likely my complete one personally and character design wise.

if you are enjoying the story please leave a comment let me know that you're enjoying it.

Reach out to me :
https://linktr.ee/armyhat210