#28: Few of Them

Paradis Island

Camp- Near the Shore

"Eleanor said that there is a great resource of fuel in their place", Onyakopon informed. "That was the last letter she sent. Why do you think did she stop sending them?", Levi crossed his leg and looked at the map spread on the table. According to Onyakopon, it is the map of the entire world. Hange kept asking questions having Levi listen to the answers as well. The dark-skinned man looked at Levi with a disheartened look. "Sending letters poses a huge danger, to begin with. Also, she's closely monitored in the castle, according to Ylena", Onyakopon added. Hange reached out to an envelope and opened it. It was a photo of Eleanor standing beside the King and Queen. She's starting to look more like Historia with the crown on her head. "Do you miss her? I have a photo of her", Hange teased the man. He clicked his tongue. "Aiden kept pestering me", Levi explained. 

"Speaking, how are things in your capital?", Onyakopon was curious. "The Queen is making her best to convince the people to trust you and work alongside", Levi answered. "Nicolo even worked at one of the restaurants", Hange informed. Onyakopon smiled and felt relieved that people are starting to trust them. 

Rail Road

Armin saw Eren looking at the horizon. "How long are we going to do this?", Jean complained under the unbearable heat. "I'm tired and hungry", Sasha saw the barrel of water and judged it. Armin sighed and Connie tried to grab the barrel away from her. "Did they receive another letter?", Eren asked with a serious tone. Armin rode on the cart that the Marley soldier assembled for them. "I haven't heard from the commander", Armin turned and operated on the transportation. "If I am not mistaken, she should be back here anytime soon. Once the waiting period expires, she also agreed that we will aba-", Mikasa wasn't able to finish her sentence because Connie stood up. "Are we really going to do that?", he said with his eyes widened. "What would you do then, Connie? Declare war with another nation when we can't even face one?", Jean clasped his hands together. 

"She'll be back, okay? We just have to wait a little longer", Sasha tried to ease the tense atmosphere. "Sasha's right. We'll just have to wait a little longer", Armin nodded in agreement. 

Dainas Capital- Alley

"She's just nearby", she heard the soldiers shouting. Blood dripped from her arms. She ripped a nearby blanket hanging from the strings of clothesline. She tied it tightly around her arm. She looked at her gear and knocked on it. "I'm almost out of gas", she bit her lip and continued running. She bumped into a woman carrying a baby. Eleanor held on to the small knife behind her. "You're wounded. Would you like to stay at my place? It's getting dark", she invited. Hearing the footsteps, she doesn't have any choice but to bite into her invitation. 

They were led deeper in the alley. Eleanor felt like being led into a trap. "Are you fine with sausage? My husband bought it from the market", the woman asked. "Anything is fine with me. Thank you for your hospitality", Eleanor forced to smile. Soon, they entered the second floor of the building. To maximize spaces in the capital city, commoners were allowed to settle there as long as they agreed on having one floor in seven to ten-story buildings. The rest of the space was used for commercial purposes such as dress shops, cake shops, restaurants, and blacksmiths. "My name is Glenda Stall", the woman turned and introduced herself. "Hazel...", she paused. "Hazel Smith", Eleanor gulped. 

Stall's Residence

"I just finished boiling sweet potatoes", a tall light brown-headed man turned and was confused to see Glenda with another lady. "She's staying with us tonight", Glenda informed. The man looked at Eleanor's arm. "That's not good. You'll get infected if you use fabrics like that", the man removed his apron and went to get something from the cupboard. "His name is Liam, he's apprenticing to become a doctor", Glenda informed and placed the baby on the crib. "How old is he?", Eleanor looked at the child trying to reach out to Glenda again. "Oh, Brice. He's just six months old", Glenda smiled and prepared the table.