#24: Decision

During the incident on Wall Maria, the secret was finally unveiled. Hazel was using the herbs to hide the liquids. When the beast entered the walls, he had Reiner deliver the titan liquid created by a nation called Marley, Reiner, Berthold, and Annie's home. According to Eleanor, he had a conversation with Reiner before he totally left walls. The description meets Reiner perfectly. Eleanor wasn't able to remember it for a period of time but after focusing on what happened during that time, she was able to recall them. For some reason, the liquid was absorbed by the herb leaves causing them to evaporate slower. Cases of missing people were also reported a few months after the revelation of the secret. 

Rex was killed by Hazel to hid her identity and escaped through the tunnel letting Eleanor take all the blame. 

Hazel, with more people whom the other nation captured and turned into slaves, were forced to reach the walls. Hazel was the only one who survived because of her loyalty and was found by a Garrison soldier whom she later killed. Rex, due to his kind heart, took care of her, and eventually married her. 

Front Gate

Eleanor went out to the streets. Her hair grew longer and her eyes were stronger. "You're not really going to cut that", Eren noticed while walking behind her. "I guess it's such a waste", Eleanor tilted her head. "It'll get entangled with the gear, I also advised Mikasa about it", Eren sighed. "I will cut it for her, I can't just promise that her head will be safe", Mikasa released a dark aura. Eleanor sweatdropped and waved her hand. "Eren, don't approach me so casually. I feel like my days are numbered", she chuckled. "Oh, did you somehow grew up?", Connie measured using his height as the measuring tool. "By the way, what will you cook for us during the expedition", Sasha joined the conversation. 

Hange watched the squad getting noisy. "They're quite relaxed this expedition", Hange noticed. Aiden stepped forward and handed Levi's cloak. "I am still a coward", he bit his lip. "Stay inside the wall and live a comfortable life. I can't say that for sure. Anytime, people can turn their back against each other. We will not be there to protect the queen and that task is given to you. You're better at slitting people's throat than titan's, right?", Levi didn't hesitate to say it. Aiden had a short laugh and walked towards Eleanor. He ended seeing Mikasa glaring at the lady. Sasha clinging to her waist. Jean arguing with Eren about flirting with Eleanor. Armin was just hoping they don't get injured before they start with the mission. Aiden sighed in relief. She'll be fine. 

Eleanor saw Aiden and throw herself at the man hugging him tightly. "Ahk!", Jean was startled at the view. He's was never fortunate with women. "Eleanor, what are you doing?", Aiden tried to push her hoping they are not making a scene. He looked around and already saw the soldiers giving a confused look, some are gritting their teeth. Aiden felt something with Eleanor's hug. "Don't tell me you're afraid that you will not be able to come back", Aiden patted her head. Eleanor just nodded and raised her head after such time. "But even if I won't be able to come back, you still have your reasons to move forward, right? Aiden", Eleanor let out a smile that Eleanor makes when they were still younger. Aiden looked away and furrowed his brow. If he could only tie her with him to be by his side forever, he would do so but if he does it, Eleanor will be killed. 

"Don't worry, I will do my best to protect her", Eren held on Aiden's shoulder. This time, Mikasa didn't react but understood what lies behind Eren's words. Aiden nodded and exchange looks with Eren. "Please take care of her", Aiden gently pushed Eleanor and patted her head. "I will be waiting for you", Aiden smiled back. The lady paused and turned her back. "See you, Aiden". 

They all climbed their horses. "Mark this day. We will ride towards steps that will lead us to freedom", Hange looked at the remaining Survey Corps. Zachary stood on top of the walls. "If it would be Erwin, he would be shouting the same thing without hesitation", Levi rode beside her. "But Levi, you know, I never felt any regret in following his order", Hange smiled. "On that note, he's the kind of leader who would always look forward. With his hand being eaten, he still pushed his men to go forward", Armin remembered the time they were trying to take back Eren from Reiner and Bertholdt. "That's not the only thing", Levi clicked his tongue.