#26: The Splashing Water

Center Team

Hange saw the sun slowly rising from the east. She looked in a direction expecting her message was relayed to Levi's team. Recalling the conversation she had with Eleanor before the expedition, her heart sank. 

Flashback

Miles' Main House

"This house will be housing tons of children from the underground", Eleanor said while watching from Rex's windows and saw the children running outside. "When you were younger, you have a brighter look in your eyes. Your voice was more energetic. Knowing that we must have stolen the brightness from those younger soldiers we loaded our burdens with", Hange stood near the door indicating she just entered. "What took away the brightness in our eyes? Was it the disappointment we felt that growing up wasn't that supposed to be easy?", Eleanor held on Rex's quill pen. 

"I believe Levi already discussed the plan with you. Can you do it?", Hange asked. The lady paused and sat on Rex's chair that is now cold being abandoned for some months after the incident happened in their house. "It's not a question of my ability, Commander. How can you trust me that much that I will not turn my back when I am overwhelmed with a world I never knew before?", Eleanor said in a weak voice. "Because you're a peculiar one", Hange answered right away. "Do you mean I am someone not belonging to your race?", Eleanor gulped. Hange shook her head and walked closer in front of the table. Hange chuckled and didn't give anything else to respond. 

"When you go back to your place, what kind of story would you tell? I'm just curious", Hange had a short laugh. 

"Can people really understand each other without even seeing each other's faces, without having a cup of tea on the same table?", Eleanor gulped.  There is no assurance that they would even recognize her as Hazel's daughter. 

Present

The soldiers prepared their swords as soon as they heard the rustling of the grasses. "Wait", Hange believed she saw blonde hair. She sighed in relief. "I arrived, Commander", Eleanor made a salute while having a female soldier on the same horse. "Is she the only one who survived?", Hange noticed the female soldier's lost arm. "She's the only one I was able to save", Eleanor informed. 

Eleanor and the female soldier was made to climb the cart. 

"We're almost near", Hange looked at the map in her hand. "Are there any signs of titans coming from the east?", Armin asked while riding the horse. "We encountered some along the way but it's not as many as the one in-wall maria", Eleanor reported. "We'll be riding until we meet with the remaining soldiers. Always brace yourself for any attacks", Hange saw that there's another forest before they eventually land on the plain ground with no trees or buildings which made her doubt if they could fight titans with such a wide space of emptiness. 

"Your gear?", Armin noticed Eleanor not wearing it. "The ropes got entangled in some branches and I don't have any choice but to remove it", she said in embarrassment. "You really suck in using your maneuvering gear, don't you?", Armin sighed. She winced and held on to her side. She raised her hand and saw blood scattered on her palm. "Are you alright, medic?", Hange looked at one of the medics they brought with them. "It's just a scratch", Eleanor kept staring at her bloody hand. "She got bitten by a titan. She was trying to save me", Iris reported. "Iris", Eleanor raised her voice. "That was reckless of you", Hange was disappointed but also understood her action. "I wonder how I managed to get out alive each and every time", Eleanor gave a painful laugh. 

Hange looked down at the map she's holding and saw that the forest will soon end. For the entire time, she was with the Survey Corps, her heart never pounds as loud as to how she's near to having a heart attack.

Re: The Entity Called Humanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें