Big sleep (2/2)✅

Zacznij od początku

-Come on, we'll braid your hair now, also.

-Good luck with that.-I giggle.

-Wow, your hair is so soft.

-Yeah, but how do you style them every day? It's so hard to brush those curls.

-That's why I usually just let them be. I have a special comb in my bag...

I rummage through my bag frantically, eventually emptying it. My comb is gone, and I have no idea where I could have left it.

-Don't worry, you must have left it in the cabin.- Katie says.

-Or bathroom.- Sadie suggests.

-I need to look for it.- I jog towards the cabin.

-No leaving, the area.- Chris stops me.

-I need to.- I say.

-Not now. We're in the middle of something.

-It'll change nothing if I leave for a moment.- I try to persuade him.

-Alexandra, I said no.

I sadly plop back down.

-It's just a comb. We can borrow you ours.- Sadie and Katie offer.

-It was a present.- I sigh.

-From who?

-My best friend's mom. She got it for me for Christmas when we were in primary school.

-Oh, that's cute. She's like your aunt.

-She is.- I smile.

-Congratulations, campers! You've made it to the twenty-four-hour mark. Time to take things up a notch! Fairy tales!-Chris draws our attention with a huge book in his hands.

After him, Chef makes his entrance in a ballerina dress. While Chris is reading, he's playing the harp.

-"Once... Upon a time... There was... Inside this boring kingdom... A boring village. And inside this boring, sleepy, village... Filled with very boring children... that did very... Boring things."

-Am I imagining things? Do you see that?- I ask.

Chef is dancing in front of us, throwing some kind of dust at everyone. He stops when a tree falls.

-Timber!- Gwen says.

-DJ!-I run to the tree.

DJ is still tied up to the trunk.

-DJ, are you alright? Oh my god, say something.

He softly snores, relieved that he's alive, I untie him and let him sleep. I walk back to my team and sit next to Eva.

-How is it going?

-I've never been so tired in my life.- She yawns.

-We need to keep it together. Do you have your MP3? We could listen to music.

-I think I left it in the cabin when I was at the toilet.

-What a bummer.

-Do you have yours?

-I do. Wait, you were in the cabin?

-Yeah.

-Stupid Chris and his rules. He didn't let me go to the cabin.- I whine.- Did you see my comb there by any chance?

-No, sorry.

-At least we have music.- I take out my MP3 and hands Eva one earphone.

-I have an idea, but I don't know if you'll like it.