Chapter 23

"Because with the right person, sometimes kissing feels like healing."

- Lisa McMann

****

Adilyn's POV

Harry leans forward again and reconnects our lips. His hands still cradle my face and I feel warm all over. My stomach tightens as he tilts my head back further, allowing him to deepen the kiss.

Honeybee.

That word had sent my heart hammering heavily against my chest. The way he had breathed it against my lips like it was a secret. To anyone who heard it, it would mean nothing, the nickname not really making sense. But to me, the words were so special. They somehow acknowledged the pain of my past, my flaws and my beliefs all into one, and as he whispered it to me I felt accepted.

His hand drifts to my back and runs over the exposed skin, fiddling with the delicate straps as he does so. I'm still very much aware of our place in the middle of the dancing crowd. But the way his fingers tickle at my skin, sending goose bumps right to the surface, makes my mind foggy.

When he pushes me roughly against his body, I can feel how hard he is as he presses into my stomach. Just the knowledge that I am affecting him this way sends heat running straight between my legs. I clench my thighs together, pressing against the sudden pulsing that has appeared at my core.

He smiles against my mouth and I separate our lips. I lean my forehead against his as he bends down to me and our quick breaths mix together. His hand travels along my back again.

"This dress..." He murmurs suggestively to me, "is driving me fucking mad."

A gasp escapes my mouth at his surprising compliment. The deep way he had spoken fucking mad causing the pulsing between my legs to transform into a deep thumping.

"You can thank Mila for that," I reply lightly, sounding a little out of breath.

He chuckles slightly, "I'll be sure to leave her a detailed thank you note."

My lips stretch into a grin. I pull my head back from his forehead and peer up at him.

"You wanna get a drink?" He asks as he strokes one of his hands down my arm. My eyes close briefly at the warm touch.

"No," I murmur.

"No?" he questions. "What would you like to do then?"

My eyes hood slightly as I look at his deep forest eyes. I'm still very well aware of the pulsing between my legs.

"I want you to take me inside," I whisper to him and I'm surprised by how husky my voice sounds.

His eyes visibly darken as he registers my words. His bottom lip is drawn into his mouth briefly before he roughly pulls me in by the back of the neck for another kiss. His lips don't linger long, just enough to reawaken the butterflies in my stomach.

He doesn't say anything just entwines his fingers with mine and begins to lead me through the crowd. My bare feet pad across the grass, the damp strands wetting my feet. I don't even know where my shoes have gone.

Harry walks in front of me pulling me along behind him, clearing a path easily for us. As we approach the stairs, my eyes dart to Chloe and Naz who stand to one side, chatting with each other. They both watch us as we walk past them. A huge grin covers Chloe's face as she eyes our entangled hands. I give her a small wink before shifting my gaze to Naz. A knowing smirk crosses his face and I narrow my eyes playfully at him.