Chapter 8

"Sexual desire is a state not unlike hunger."

- Mary Roach

****

Adilyn's POV

His lips are frozen, surprised, as I crashed my own suddenly into them. The hesitation is short-lived though as his lips soon react and push strongly back against mine. An electricity hums to life in my veins at the contact and the butterflies come alive once again, dancing in the pit of my stomach.

My arms travel instinctively to loop around his neck and his hands go to my thighs, tightening. My legs are still encircling his waist, my feet entwining at his back, holding me firmly in place. His lips follow mine, skilled, as he kisses me much more fervently than last night.

I feel his tongue run along my bottom lip and my lips part instantly for him. My breathing increases as I feel his tongue push into my mouth meeting mine to deepen the kiss.

His mouth is warm and his skin is hot.

I feel one of his hands remove from my thigh only to feel it reconnect with the small of my back moments later. He pushes me roughly closer to him, eliminating the small space between us.

I tighten my legs around his waist pushing myself into him and he moans into my mouth, the sound reverberating through me.

It is the hottest sound I have ever heard.

I'm shocked as I find myself wanting to do anything to hear the sound again. A slow fire begins to travel through me, all of the heat accumulating to create a slow burn down there. It only intensifying as I become aware of the bulge that is now present between us.

He pulls back slightly from the kiss to whisper into my mouth, "Adilyn."

His voice is low and husky as he breathes my name before smashing his lips back to mine.

The heat between us increases several degrees. I push myself against him hoping the pressure will evade the growing burn.

It doesn't. It adds to it and I can't decide if that is good or bad.

I feel his hand move to my inner thigh, gently squeezing just below my knee. His hand starts to travel up my thigh, gliding softly over the thin material of my leggings.

The feeling is too much.

I break away from the kiss and my head drops down to his shoulder. Air is drawn rapidly into my mouth as I try to regain control of my breathing. I feel him move his hand from my thigh and circle around my waist hugging me to him.

I can feel the quick rise and fall of his chest against me, alerting me that I'm not the only one heavily affected by the kiss.

"Jesus," I hear him quietly mutter and I smile against his shoulder. I hope that is a good thing.

He doesn't make a move to separate our bodies or question me about why I stopped and I'm thankful.

His fingers begin tracing gently along the curve of my waist, bringing goosebumps immediately to the surface.

I don't really know what to say or do so I just keep my head on his shoulder and let my breathing slow. I notice two large birds are inked into the skin just beneath his collarbones and with the gentle lap of the water over his chest they almost look like they are moving.

I let another minute of silence go by before I say, "We should probably head back." My words are slightly muffled by his shoulder.

He takes a deep breath before sighing, "Yeah."