I knew that I was the problem.

My antics, my separation, and my persistence caused a deep fissure to develop between the two of us. It was so deep that no matter how hard Russia tried to converse with me, all of his attempts just kept ending up within the sharp rocky ground.

I took a last bite of my breakfast and went over to the trash to scrape the remanding food into the waste bin. I then placed my plate into the sink and slid onto the couch with a grunt.

I remained there for the next fifteen or so minutes, while I waited for Russia to finish getting himself ready.

Even if I felt like I shouldn't have, I still cared for the bear. I would consider myself an asshole if I didn't.

"Okay, I am rrready now. Ve can go." Russia came out of his bedroom, also with some casual clothes on, and a small bottle of water in his left hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side, "Are you sure you're not missing something?" I asked, as I looked at his hat-less head.

"Нет, I do not believe zhat I am." (No) He gave me a confident gaze, so I didn't question him again, even if I still found it strange.

After all, he had been using that thing like a protective shell, and to just get rid of it on the fly felt weird to me.

I pushed myself off of the couch, glided over to the door, and slapped on my shoes. Russia did the same and then held the door open for me, I thanked him for it.

The trek there was the same as it had been the past few days, except for the flurry of nurses and keeping-staff in the corridor.

I tapped one girl's shoulder who was on break and asked, "What's going on?"

"Oh, it's nothing important, just some busy work." She rushed out. Her voice was waverly and uncertain. Plus, there were too many of them for it to just be nothing important; something was going on.

I gave the lady a suspicious look, but continued onward to the elevator where I saw South Africa waiting with a few others.

I tapped her arm, which made her spin around. Her face was filled with panic and worry.

"Hey, do you know what's going on?" I questioned, as I hopped for an answer that wasn't a lie.

"Have you not heard?" She disbelievingly jumbled out, "They found a Cyanide pill box in one of the rooms."

Cyanide...a very deadly poison, usually given to spies who are caught and wish to die before interrogation.

"Oh my god. Whose room was it found in?" I pressured.

South Africa shrugged her shoulders, "Nobody is sure yet, all that we know is the UN and EU are going bonkers about it."

"Was it found in one of the staff's rooms, or one of ours?"

"The staff don't live here, America. It must've been one of ours." She confirmed.

That gave me a little bit of relief, sure it would hurt the country who swallowed the dastardly thing, but we couldn't die from only that, there would have to be external factors. Luckly, the world seemed stable enough to where everything was safe.

But...why were UN and EU freaking out then?

The elevator doors dinged and twitched open with a chug. The small crowd outside them piled into the small area.

We eventually reached the top floor and flooded out into an even more energetic crowd of people. They were all bustling in and out of rooms with several things in their hands for cleaning work. They all seemed to segregate around the little clinic that I had been in only once before.