fear of heights

"which floor are we gonna do this on again?", luke asked.

"57th floor", calum replied.

"what's wrong luke, afraid of heights?", michael teased.

"nah, just wanted to know.", luke laughed.

when the elevator opened its doors you could see all the equipment that was needed for the guy's photoshoot already stalled out. you had about fifteen minutes before they would start the shoot.

"oh, oh wow, this view is so beautiful, you can see the entire city. omg calum, come look.", you said to your boyfriend walking further on the glass floor.

"y/n, get off the glass please.", calum replied nervously.

"what? why?", you ask confused.

"what if it breaks? you won't survive the fall just please get off the glass, it's not safe enough.", he almost begged.

"cal are you afraid of heights?"

"maybe, but just, you're literally walking on a thin layer of glass, it could break. just come here please.", he choked out.

"calum! are you still not on it? get your ass over here so we can all take a picture together.", michael said, completely unaware of the little conversation you and calum were having. like everyone else but you, he didn't think anything was wrong.
when ashton saw he wasn't gonna move, him and luke decided to both grab an arm and pull calum on with them. you walked towards him quickly and pulled him in for a hug, hoping that would help him calm down a little bit.

"the glass is not gonna break baby, we're safe here. I promise you, in buildings like this, there's someone who comes to check the glass on safety every single day. you don't have to worry. we're not gonna fall.", you spoke softly so only he could hear. you placed your hand on the back of his head, playing with his hair while he hid his face in the crook of your neck and pulled you impossibly close to himself, his arms wrapped around your waist firmly.

"alright, photographer is here, it's a short shoot so it should only last about twenty minutes and then we have another surprise for you all.", a crew  member announced.

"you got this cal, no need to be scared, I love you.", you whispered and let him go.

"love you too.", he said, giving you a peck on your lips before you walked back to the other side of the room.

the shoot was over in no time, it all went very smoothly. calum was glad to get off the glass though.

"alright, now for the surprise, we'll have to blindfold you all, and it's gonna have to happen in pairs of two, so I assume everyone's just gonna go with their significant others?", the same crew member asked.

everyone nodded and mumbled a yes or a sure.

"so who wants to go first?"

"we'll go", calum said, eager to get out of there.

"alright here are your blindfolds, put them on and we'll guide you away." you did as she asked, calum took your hand in his and you were guided towards the elevator.

"are we going up or down?", calum asked you when the doors closed.

"up, I think. are you okay?", you asked, feeling him squeeze your hand a little bit.

"yeah, nothing can be worse than that glass right?"

the elevator came to a stop and you were guided out, now pretty sure you were on the rooftop as a cool breeze brushed against your skin and the fresh air of the night went down your throat. you let go of calum's hand, both getting pushed towards opposite sides, being told to go sit down after a few seconds. you felt a cold bar being pushed up against your stomach when something started to make noises, like a machine being started or something like that.

"you can take off your blindfolds now", someone said as your seat started to move underneath you, moving closer to the edge of the building.

"oh shit", you thought, reaching for calum's hands so he wouldn't have the chance to take off his blindfold. unfortunately you were too late. he turned completely pale at the sight in front of you and panic took over his face.

"don't look at it, just look at me baby, it's gonna be alright." you tried, grabbing his hands and holding them in yours so he could squeeze them as hard as he needed. unfortunately the carriage you were in didn't just ride over the edge of the building, it also moved so that you were hanging in it looking straight at the streets beneath you.

A/N: this is the kind of thing I mean

ps this pic is during the day, but in the story they are doing this at night, just to be clear

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

ps this pic is during the day, but in the story they are doing this at night, just to be clear.

back to the story now ☆

"y/n", he croaked out.

"I know calum, just close your eyes and think of something else, something you like. think of duke. he's gonna be so excited when we get back home, think of that, think of seeing duke again. or think of playing bass, in front of all your fans, the way they scream back at you, 'cause they love it so much. or uh think of that one time your mom thought I was pregnant 'cause I wanted bacon pancakes and she thought it was some weird pregnancy craving but in fact I always had my pancakes like that as a child. that was hilarious, remember the look on her face and the very subtle questions all week.", you rambled earning a small laugh back from calum for that last one.

after five more eternal minutes of distraction it was finally over and they let you both out.

"come here bub.", you said to calum, who was still shaking on his legs a little bit, "I'm proud of you, you did it."

"thank you, I don't know what I'd do without you y/n. I love you so much.", he whispered, locking his lips with yours right after.

"let's get out of here now.", you giggled, walking back to the elevator, taking it all the way downstairs, back to steady grounds, this time.

---------------♡-------------
the glass floor picture is from when 5sos were in Korea, the rooftop thing is a screenshot out of a tv travel program I saw a long time ago and it's somewhere in the Philippines in case anyone was interested.

I hope you enjoyed this blurb, let me know what you think, and have a great day/night
x jana