I Do

Jenna stood behind the barn door. Taking deep breaths in and out as she looked down at the ground. Picking imaginary lint off of her dress. She continued practicing her breathing just trying to keep her nerves at bay. She swallowed when Paige ran up in her Maid Of Honor dress holding her bouquet in one hand and a bag of barbeque Fritos in the other. She handed them to Jenna.

"Don't you dare get any of those on your dress Jenna!" Her mother scolded as Jenna opened the bag with a smile. Grabbing a few out with her hand she smiled at her mom. "Of course not" She giggled as she stuffed some into her mouth. Chomping on them she felt a little bit better as she grabbed for her dad's coke to get the taste out of her mouth. 

Anthony laughed at the face Jenna made as she scrunched up her nose. "Okay! That is not just coke!" She muttered as she shook her head as her mom handed her bouquet of flowers to her. Jenna smiled as Brantley's guitarist and friend Noah appeared in front of them. "Mom I think your escort is here!" Jenna smiled as she began playing with her hands. Theresa nodded and took a look at Jenna one more time. "See you down there baby girl." She kissed Jenna's cheek as Jenna shook her head.

A few minutes later the only ones left were Jenna and her dad. She was looking up at the sky looking at the clouds as she closed her eyes. She felt her dad tap on her shoulder. "Baby it's time". He whispered as he held out her arm for her to take. Jenna nodded as she looped her arm through her dad's. "Daddy don't let me trip". She whispered. " Never" He smiled as he patted her hand and the two watched as the barn doors were opened.

The minister made a motion for everyone to rise and then Jenna took a deep breath in as the music began to play. "We can still make a run for it" Her dad chuckled as they began their walk. Standing right at the top of the runner. All eyes on her. The only thing Jenna could focus on was the man waiting for her at the bottom standing under the arch that was specially made to Jenna's liking by her soon to be father in law.  "Nah I'm ready" She smiled once her eyes went to Brantley's where she read his lips with a simple statement as "Beautiful" He muttered as she smiled at him. "Take me to my groom dad". She smiled as they began their walk down the aisle.

Once they reached the bottom Jenna bit her lip as she looked at Brantley up and down. She had to admit. Move over Luke Bryan her soon to be husband rocked a good pair of jeans like no other. Jenna shook her head with a giggle as he gave her a small wink. Then the minister began speaking.

"Who here gives this beautiful young woman away?" Jenna nudged her dad in the rib cage getting his attention. He jumped quickly. "Oh her mother and I do". He smiled. "And her sister"! Paige giggled as she looked at Jenna who just shook her head once again. She had a feeling she would be doing it a lot through this ceremony. 

Anthony took her hand and placed it into Brantley's. "Listen Gilbert just so you know ahead of time. I'm not afraid to shoot you and I have tons of bullets and I promise you I don't miss." Brantley chuckled. "Yes sir". He laughed as they walked up to the altar together and the minister began.

"Ladies and Gentleman we are gathered here to celebrate and witness the joining of Jenna Lynn Ducote and Brantley Keith Gilbert in marriage. With love and commitment they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife". 

Jenna smiled as she handed her flowers to Paige as she took both of her small hands into Brantley's larger ones as the minister continued.

"Love should have no other desire but to fulfill itself. But if your love and needs must have desires, let these be your desires: To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving; To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy; To return home at eventide with gratitude; Then to sleep with a vision of the beloved in your heart and a song of love on your lips."

"May you always need one another, not to fill an emptiness, but to help each other know your fullness. May you want one another, but not out of lack. May you embrace one another, but not encircle one another. May you succeed in all important ways with each other, and not fail in the little graces. May you have happiness, and may you find it in making one another happy. May you have love, and may you find it in loving one another."

Jenna smiled as Brantley squeezed both of her hands a little hard. Then smiled even harder as he kissed both of them. The minister began speaking once again. "Now instead of the traditional given vows Jenna and Brantley have decided to write their own." He looked at Jenna with a smile as she wiped her nose. She took a deep breath in before she began speaking.

"Brantley I choose you to be my partner in life. My soulmate. A person I do everything with every single day the rest of my life. I can no longer picture my life without you in it. Not only are you going to be my husband but you are my best friend and I can't wait to spend the rest of my days with you. Brantley swallowed as he watched Paige hand a wedding ring to Jenna as she slipped it onto his finger. I'm using this ring as a symbol of my loyalty my love and promise to have your back always" She swallowed as she slipped the ring onto his finger. Smiling brightly at him. 

Brantley just shook his head. Running his free hand over his beard he looked at her. "Jenna when I first met you I promised myself I was done with relationships. Then there come this small short woman with an amazing smile and a fired up temper. Trying to knock out a grown man. The moment you knocked that drink into his lap I knew you were the one for me". Then the moment we kissed. I knew I was all in". He slid the ring onto her finger. "And with this ring I'm going to spend the rest of my life proving just how important you are to me." 

Jenna looked down at the diamond band that now rested on her finger. She smiled at it as Brantley lifted her chin up with his index finger and the minister began speaking again. 

"Wedding rings are made precious by our wearing them. Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together. Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul, a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows, love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight. May these rings remind you always of the vows you have taken here today."

Jenna and Brantley both smiled at one another as Brantley held onto her hands tightly. Just afraid to even let go for a second. 

Jenna looked at the minister with a smile. "Can I just kiss him already? If not I'm gonna cry"! She laughed. "One moment". The minister smiled.

"By the power vested in me and by the State Of Georgia I now pronounce you man and wife. Jenna you can kiss your groom."