How to have a self-careday

By: Sofia🎀

Hello! My name is Sofia, and  this is actually my first post, and I am not very good at writing, so thanks for reading! Have you ever felt too stressed, full with anxiety, or just too tired, or a bit down? Self-care days are also for these. I recommend self-care days also for people who just broke up with a friend, or the significant other. Self-care days should be also for the students who are studying for big exams, or for people who are overworking toward a goal but rarely had a break. So, how to have a self-care day?

1.Start your self-care day in a healthy way Do you usually wake up checking your phone? Well, don't do this today. Wake up doing some yoga, and drink a cup of water when you get up(that will detox). Wear the clothes YOU like; not the outfit other people want you to wear. Do your skin routine. And remember to eat breakfast, because many people forget to do that. Breakfast is very important. If you don't eat breakfast, you will get tired later and feel like energy lacks. I know that maybe you don't want to eat breakfast or don't have time, but at least give yourself a smoothie or a croissant, or a cup of coffee, or something like that. I recommend you to make your breakfast the evening, so when you get up the only thing you will have to do is taking out your breakfast from the fridge!

2.Put down your phone.This step is very important too, because think about it:what is the purpose of a self care day if you sit all the day in a sofa chatting?! Nowadays people probably really can't live a day without their phone. This is also what a self care day is for. Give yourself a digital detox. Don't check your social media today and stop scrolling for memes. (You can survive a day without your phone.😉)

3.Go for a walk! Go to the park, or just have a walk in your neighborhood. Take some photos if you want. Maybe here is something you didn't notice before. You can also go to the park and paint nature. Breathe and feel the beauty of the nature🍀 (If you are in quarantine and you can't, use this time to do something you like instead.)

4.Do something you like. Do you have some hobby? Maybe your hobby is reading , or writing, playing the piano , swimming... spend the rest of the day doing something you really enjoy.

5.Cook a meal or buy something delicious Cook a meal for yourself and/or for your family or the people you love. If you can't go, just reward yourself a dessert, maybe go to buy some ice cream or order a pizza and eat something you like!

6.Home spa! Today have a bubble bath or a long shower, depends on what you like more, and make some DIY home masks! You can also DIY a manicure or makeup! Remember that is SELF CARE, you are doing this for yourself and not for others, do whatever you love ;)

7. watch a movie or something you enjoy End your day watching a movie, I recommend Disney ones because they are very cute, or Miyazaki's anime movies, why don't make some popcorns and chill on your sofa? You could also go to the cinema/movie theater, if it is covid-safe in your area.

8.MUSIC! Music is very important in order to lift your mood, so make sure here is some music you like, you could also karaoke or dance at the tunes, or just listen some classic music in peace 🌹

9.Only positive vibes today!3 Keep the essays and the studying or all the working stuff for tomorrow, stop thinking about your ex today(even though you should stop thinking about them, always). Only positive vibes today, keep the other things for tomorrow.

10.Go to sleep early today. Probably you go to sleep very late usually(maybe after some telenovela or Instagram scrolling). Well; today go to sleep earlier and make sure to have a beauty sleep of at least 8-9 hours, you could braid your hair or have a feet mask while sleeping, why not.

11.MOST IMPORTANT:LOVE YOURSELF. Don't forget this is a SELF CARE day. You are beautiful ; you are a queen, please love yourself, because you shine more than all the stars together.🌻🌻🌻🌟🌟🌟❤❤❤❤❤

Post by _Sonyasan_