24. Middle Name

Începe de la început

"You want us, to let you pick a dress for her?" Axton blinked confused.

Castriel nodded, "How do you expect to find something that fits her well? We need to make sure that she stands out. As she will be associating with us, people will want to know who she is." He tilted his head.

"How will you find something that fits without her there? Something that she likes." Braxton frowned.

All three of us watched them blankly, "Okay, one, we have known Euterpe since we were kids meaning, we know what she likes. Two, we are gay." Milo said straight-faced.

"Yeah but-"

"That's fine!" Thorn cut in, "As long as you remember the specifications and what colors she is not allowed to wear. If you can just- please, nothing that will require a double take for the wrong reason. It will create an uproar that we want to avoid rather than encourage." He smiled nicely.

Milo smiled slightly back, "Do you like nicknames?"

Thorn blinked, "Uh- sure? I have a few embarrassing ones for all the boys but Euterpe is just butterfly to me. Why?" He questioned confused.

He shrugged, "No reason, just wondering. You seem like the kind of guy for nicknames." Milo nodded to himself.

Aug gave me a subtle nod, "You know when we were kids Miles thought my name was Asparagus for two whole months. He would try to correct the teacher when she said August. I think he was trying to bully me the whole time." He frowned dramatically.

"You were missing a tooth and had a lisp! I said sorry like a hundred times. I don't know why you keep being it up!" Miles facepalmed exasperated.

August smirked, "One day at recess we were playing hide and seek outside the school. Miles couldn't find Euterpe so he tried to find me to help him but he couldn't as well so... bahaha. He went to the teacher and started yelling about losing Asparagus and they sent him to the counselor! They thought he went crazy. That's when he finally learned my name was August and wouldn't look at us for two days." He cackled.

"Shut up," Miles groaned.

"Why do you call Euterpe, strawberry?"

Aug huffed, "She likes to steal all the red skittles. It hurts, right here." He touched his heart.

Thorn smiled, "When Euterpe was small she called me Thornado."

I covered my face listening to the laughs, "I don't know why you're laughing Axman. The only reason you got that name is because you reminded her of a lumberjack when you trying to down a tree with a butter knife. She looked at you and said 'Get Axe man... Axman!' and it stuck." Thorn smirked.

"What?! I can't believe you! How could you give me such a horrible, horrible, knife?! If you knew I was cutting a tree then I would obviously need something bigger!" Axton sighed in disappointment.

"Loser," Braxton smirked.

Axton pouted, "What about Braxton then?"

At that Castriel was the one to chuckle, "She called him Bee and as much as it seems simple it really wasn't. We were out in the flower field and a beehive was up in a tree we were sitting by. Braxton had the smart idea to jump on said tree and since it was on the small size the beehive jerked. The bees went berserk and started flying around. Braxton screamed and they went straight for him and that resulted in him running around for twenty minutes crying. And successfully earning you the nickname Bee." Castriel sipped his water with a smug look.

Braxton scoffed, "I highly doubt that." He weekly protested.

"I can confirm," Rydge spoke looking at his phone.