14|| Forgiveness

"Holding grudges will only cause you more pain."

~~~Sawrina~~~

~~~Sawrina~~~

I opened my eyes and let the light adjust. Two smiling faces appeared above me; Mikey and Donnie. "Welcome back, Dudette!" Mikey said happily before pulling me into a hug. I noticed I was in the lab and Leo was sitting in a chair across the room. Where was Raph? "How are you feeling?" Donnie asked as I sighed. "Better." I stated as I gestured towards Leo. "He's doing fine." Donnie informed. "So what happened?" I asked curiously. "Well...by the time you were bit, the cure was done and all we needed to do was inject them. We snuck in an pretended to be one of the infected so we could get close enough to inject the cure. Then, Mikey destroyed the egg." Donnie explained. "Thanks." I said as Donnie helped me up. "Thank you. You kept them busy long enough that we could get the cure ready and you practically risked your life to keep us safe. We owe you, and your shoulder should be completely healed by now." Donnie said as I nodded followed by a small smile. "Look Guys...I'm sorry. I couldn't control myself. I had no idea what was happening." Leo said as I walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. I smiled softly before turning to leave. "Where's Raph?" I asked. "He went out. Said he needed to be alone. You should find him on the rooftops most likely." Leo said as I smiled slightly before leaving the room. I need to talk to Raph.

_____

I stood on the rooftops looking around for any signs of a mutant turtle and surprisingly a shadowy figure sat on the edge of a rooftop glancing down at the city. "Want some company?" I asked as he sighed refusing to look at me. He was probably beating himself up about what happened. I took a seat beside him and looked out at the city. The city was always beautiful at night with all the lights. "Look uh...I'm sorry...about earlier. The guys told me what I did...I didn't mean to...I just couldn't control any of my actions. I saw what I was doing but I just..." He paused with nothing but sadness in his voice. "It's ok. I forgive you. But next time your brothers decide to bring a mutant egg into the lair...I'm out." I said jokingly as Raph chuckled a little. "So did Splinter come back yet?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah. He wasn't very happy about the mess we made but we cleaned it up and promised it wouldn't happen again." He said as I smiled a little. "How many mutants do you think are out there?" I asked as he looked out into the city distance. "There's no telling. All I know is that we need to take them down." He said as I nodded. I don't know why but I had the urge to hug him so I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his shell as far as I could as he hesitated but did the same. I could feel myself tense up at the contact because this would be the first hug I've ever given someone. "What's this for?" He asked as I sighed. "To show forgiveness." Was all I could think to say before I let go. "You're the first person to ever receive a hug from me so...enjoy it." I said in a somewhat joking manner. "Ha. Lucky me." He replied. "Come on Tough Guy." I called and motioned for him to follow me back to the sewers and he did so.

I stood in Donnie's lab as he finished making this new invention he had for me called a T-Phone. Apparently it was something that he made for him and his brothers. It was just like an actual phone according to Donnie but had some differences and was much more secure. "Thanks Donnie." I said as he handed me the device. It was pocket size and was a dark green while the back looked like a turtle shell and the home screen button was red. "No problem. I already programmed all our numbers in it for you if you need anything." Donnie said as I nodded before leaving.

_____

Pizza was for dinner again. I laid in my bed reading a book called The Art Of Ninjutsu as usual. Leo was polishing his katanas, Raph was doing sit ups off the edge of his bed, Donnie was working on some sort of device in his bed, and Mikey was reading a comic book while occasionally laughing at certain parts. I heard my T-Phone vibrate as I picked it up and looked at the screen.

1 Message from Mikey

Why would Mikey be texting me when he's literally five feet away from me? And I thought he was reading?

Mikey: I see youuu:)

The message read. That's not creepy at all. I chuckled slightly to myself as I thought of what to say back.

Sawrina: go to bed.

I sent the message before putting my phone down. "Night guys." I heard Mikey say as he turned his lamp off. "Goodnight." Leo replied as Donnie turned off his lamp. "Goodnight.". Raph stopped working out and shut his lamp off as well. "Night." He said as I closed my book and placed it on the shelf before turning my lamp off. "Goodnight, Sawrina." Mikey said as I smiled a little. "Goodnight." I replied before closing my eyes.
These Turtles were nothing like Shredder said they were. He said they were evil and troublesome but they are just looking out for one another. They are a family. They are my friends...and I will protect them at all costs.