chapter 3- why should we pick you?

it's sunday. the auditions are due today, and austin will be calling back girls today.

    i feel pretty confident with my application. i did everything i could, and i know if i don't get a response today that means i didn't get on. so i eagerly await a response.

    only ten girls can be on the show, and there are thousands of people sending in applications. i can only hope and pray i'm one of the lucky ten.

    i open twitter and check the dm. it's been read and austin reacted to it with a heart emoji. so he's seen it. he's seen my application and watched the video.

    oh god.

    the nerves are starting to kick in.

    i glance at my clock. it's 1:30 pm, and my stomach is grumbling, so i figure it's time i get out of bed and make lunch.

    i grab a protein pack from the fridge and constantly check my phone. the nerves in my stomach get worse and worse every time i pick up the phone, so i decide to power my phone off until tonight.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

    i thought powering off my phone would be a good idea and ease my nerves, but it just freaked me out even more. but finally, the clock says it's 10:00 pm, and i turn my phone back on. i'm swamped with notifications, but one in particular catches my eye.

    1 new twitter dm.

    i know it might not be austin, but i immediately check anyway.

    i don't see any messages from austin, but there is a message from someone else. gonedoc.

    with trembling hands, i open the message.

    "Hello, Valerie!" it reads. "We are pleased to inform you that we have taken a strong liking to your application to be on TommyInnit's Love or Host, and request to do a live interview on the GoneDoc twitch channel tomorrow at 2 PM PST. Please respond within 24 hours if you're interested and can make it."

    my heart hammers in my chest. they like my application. they're considering me for the show. i slap my hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming. i quickly type out a response.

    "hi! yes, i'm available, thank you so much for considering me! :)"

    doc reads it a few seconds later, and reacts with a heart emoji. i squeal with delight. they're actually considering me for the show. this has to be a fever dream.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

    it's 1:30 in the morning, and i've given up on getting any sleep. in 12.5 hours, i'll be on twitch, talking to gonedoc, doing my callback for tommy's love or host. i'm restless. there's no way i'm sleeping tonight.

    i take this opportunity to clean up my room so it looks presentable in front of thousands of people. in the end, it looks like this:

 in the end, it looks like this: