chapter 2- here goes nothing

"set the camera to landscape mode, get as close to the camera as possible, blah blah blah i know!" i complain while watching the first video that pops up. "what do i SAY?" i lean my head back against the wall. this is exhausting.

    i decided on a whim that i'm going to audition for tommy's love or host. i researched the topic more and i can tell that most of the people that participate are famous streamers, content creators, or twitter celebrities. it's way more likely than not that they won't even consider letting me on the show. but hey, it's worth a try.

    i sigh and get up off of the floor. i can think about this later, right now i'm leaving lindsay waiting.

    i walk slowly back to lindsay's room and think about how i can set myself apart from the other girls auditioning. i rarely play video games, and when i do play games i don't tell anyone, i don't stream, and i don't have a large following. i enter lindsay's room quietly and sit down next to her on the bed.

    "are you okay?" she asks, exiting out of instagram.

    "yeah, just been thinking," i reply.

    "about..?"

    "love or host. it seems really cool, i'm interested in it. i want to get to know about it more so i understand it if we watch it," i half-lie. i am interested in it, but i want to know about it so i have a greater chance of getting on.

    "hmm..." lindsay scratches the tip of her nose gently, deep in thought. "well, majority of the girls that get on are relatively popular streamers. whether they choose host or not, they definitely audition to somewhat get their name out there. they used to have regulars that went on practically every show, such as minx, but they got rid of that to give everyone a shot at being on the show."

i figured that much out already.

    "who do you think will be on tommy's love or host?" lindsay stifles a laugh.

    "definitely no americans. he hates americans," she says through a fit of giggles. my heart drops.

    "really?"

    "yeah. no idea why, must be because he's british. he's had this bit since he was about sixteen. he used to talk about how he hates women, but now it's just americans."

    my stomach starts churning. if my chances of getting on were slim at first, all hope is completely out the window now.

    "why are you asking so many questions?" lindsay leans in and smirks.

    "because i'm curious," i say, pushing her forehead with my pointer finger, backing her away.

    some hours later, lindsay is fast asleep in her bed, and i'm laying on a mattress on the floor wide awake. it's a tranquil night, but my head is utter chaos. i know what lindsay said. i'm an american woman who does not have a big gaming platform. why would tommy choose me? better yet, why would i get on the show at all?

    the next day, i get home and try to figure out how to do this video audition. it's saturday, auditions are due tomorrow. i figure i'll send in a video, and also join the casting call.

    the casting call is streamed live on twitch, so i can only hope and pray lindsay doesn't tune in to it.

    i quickly scribble down a few things i want to say during the video. @getonaustinshow on twitter says to say who you are and what makes you interesting, why you are interested in the guest, photos of yourself, and anything else that might be of interest. i scroll through the twitter account a bit more and realize i have to do a lot more than send out an audition and possibly do a live interview.

love or host - tommyinnitOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara