chapter 49- brownies take away your frownies

the past few hours have been insane.

twitter has blown up.

instagram has blown up.

there are clips all over youtube.

my name is being thrown around everywhere.

so what do i do? naturally i decide to open twitter to see the internet blowing up in action.

i gasp. it's crazier than i thought.

talerie, valerie, tommy, and they're dating are all trending on twitter somehow.

i check my mentions and see a tweet that makes me smile.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Austin @AustinOnTwitter: @tommyinnit @valeriedavis I take full credit for making #talerie happen.

|

TommyInnit @tommyinnit: shut up AustinShow

|

valerie :) @valeriedavis: you get partial credit :)

|

Austin @AustinOnTwitter: I can already see who the nice one in the couple is...

|

TommyInnit @tommyinnit: you'd be surprised

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

"DINNER IS READY!" wilbur calls from the bottom of the stairs. i start to go down the stairs until i feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. i check to see who's calling.

incoming call: lindsay green♥

oh crap.

"uhhh... give me a second!" i shout from the top of the stairs. i run back to my room and close the door, accepting the call.

"lindsay?" i barely whisper.

"valerie?" she says.

"hi..."

"do you just not tell me anything anymore?"

i grimace. i should've known this call was coming. it was long overdue.

"linds, i-"

"i get it, you're hanging out with all these huge streamers, so you think you're the shit now or something?"

"i don't think that at all-"

"first you don't tell me you're auditioning for love or host. you win. and i'm happy for you! but then you leave for fucking BRIGHTON to hang out with tommy and all these other streamers? and i find out through your MOM? how do you think i felt when i went to your house to hang out and she says that you're ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE WORLD? but it doesn't end there! turns out you and tommy are DATING? and i found out through TWITTER? i thought we were friends, val!"

"we are. i'm sorry, but-"

"clearly we aren't if-"

"for god's sake, can you not cut me off for just a second so i can explain?!"

the line goes quiet.

"thank you. i know i should've told you. i didn't think about it. i'm sorry. it was all so sudden, it happened so quickly. i barely had time to process it myself, let alone tell anyone."