"I can't deal with you right now." I frown.

We hadn't spoken in weeks; since that visit in the hospital wing that was interrupted by the Matron. When I'd told him I loved him, and he apologized for what he'd done.

he never said it back.

"I understand." his eyes became drought.

I nodded my head, I felt the tears welling my eyes from all the stress; and I knew they'd come out soon.

"I don't know what to do. He's back." I broke down in tears, my hands covering my face.

"My father will hear about this! I promise you, he won't stay here. I won't let him within two feet of you." He exclaimed, reassuring me.

I lifted my hands off my face, letting out a soft sob, "Promise it. Swear."

"I solemnly swear." he brought me into a soft hug, my head buried in his chest.

"I'll never leave you." he kissed my head, rocking me in his touch.

-

I was in the library, by myself admittedly, trying to take my mind off the edge, when I suddenly felt the burning sensation of being watched engraved into my skin.

"Riddle," I said flatly. "Kind of creepy that you're watching me, don't you think?"

"I wasn't watching you." his familiar, cocky voice chimed.

"Ah, yes. You made that clear." I countered as I returned back to burying my head in a book.

For a moment, he didn't say anything; only hovering at my side. And it was annoying. Being watched, and followed.

"What! what do you want, Riddle?" I yelled, slamming my book shut into the desk.

I was irritated with the world around me.

He chuckled sardonically, "Don't speak that way to me, Kane."

"Please leave me alone." I look up at him, making him flutter his lashes in confusion.

"You're the worst friend. What do you even want from me?" my voice cracked, and I threatened to cry as all the memories of my stress flooded into my head again.

"I don't have time for this." he rolls his eyes, and I let out a scoff.

I can't believe this.

"Are you serious right now?" I ask, but it's not a serious question.

"Kane, listen to me." he warned, "Someone has been watching me." he locks me dead in the eyes, speaking in his utmost serious tone.

I got up from my chair, "Good for you. This has absolutely nothing to do with me, and I need to leave."

As I began to leave, Tom snatched my arm with rough force and pulled me closer to him.

"I am not playing around with you, Kane. Do you want to know something interesting?" He said, wit at the tip of his tongue.

I froze in disbelief. Tom grabs my face aggressively and pushes me up against a bookshelf which made my back ache in pain. I hiss in displeasure, avoiding his cold stare.

"I made an observation. Whoever they are, They're watching you too. And I don't believe they have the best of intentions. If you had even an ounce of awareness you'd understand that something was watching you." He spat.

"Let me go!" I shout as I push him away with all my force, feeling the adrenaline rush through my veins. He only chuckled under his breath, catching himself before he could fall.

"I don't think your little mind can comprehend it." He degraded me with pleasure, "They are after us both, and I now understand the severity of the circumstances. I can't have them ruining my plans for you."

"Plans?" he towered over me, and my back was against the wall.

"It's tiring pretending to tolerate you," he mutters, before ripping out his wand and pointing it to my throat, making my heart jump.

"Do I intimidate you?" he asked, the corners of his lips transforming into a frantic smile.

"No." I lied, swallowing the knot in my throat. Our eyes connected, and I wanted nothing more than to pull away from it.

"Your heart rate says otherwise. I can feel it," he whispered, pushing further against me.

"Tom, what are you doing?" I mutter.

For a moment there was a deafening silence, and I froze in that fragment of time.

the anticipation is killing me.

"Crucio," he mutters, a certain look of concern in his eyes.

I fell down to his feet, my hands crashing into the floor.

"Stop!" I instantly cried out in pain.

"Ultimately, it was our hatred that brought us here. You should've thought before you spoke, Elizabeth Kane," he announced.

My skin was on fire, and my bones felt as if they were being snapped in half multiple times over. He only peered down at me with no sympathetic thought behind his eyes, watching as I squeal and cry out in pain. He was nonchalant, while I was convulsing in my own suffering. But, he wasn't cocky, he wasn't in pleasure, he wasn't amused by my pain, he was confused.

then for a moment, there was a symphony of regret flickering in his eye.

I'm falling to pieces.

Tears threatened to come out, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction. I use all the strength I can gather and grab my wand out of my pocket, "Stupefy!"

I watch as Tom flies backward, hitting a bookcase, rendering him unconscious.

And the pain is finally gone.

the long-awaited satisfaction was awarded to me finally, but my whole body still was still stinging with the sensation of the cruciatus curse. I struggled to stand up without falling to my knees but eventually got up on my feet as I used a chair next to me as a crutch. My chest heaves with heaviness as I struggle to catch my breath.

I need to get out of here.

-

A/N: I'd just like to clarify for the ones who are confused, the new boy (Klausner blacksmith) is the boy in the flashback of chapter five.