chapter three

rumors;

I roamed my way around the castle, only to be snatched by a firm hand.

Katherine Malfoy.

I knew her rough touch like the back of my hand. It was familiar, and in a way comforting. Her bony fingers wrapped around my wrist tightly. I felt relieved to be with her. I was still shocked by the events that had taken place earlier. I took comfort in the thought that I was now safe, and with a dear friend.

Unfortunately, that made me a target. I had no idea of what was yet to come.

Tom harassing me in the closet wasn't the only thing I was stressing about—I also couldn't stop thinking about what happened with Abraxas. Did he break up with me?

"You've some explaining to do. You're my best friend, but, are these rumors true? My brother was—" Katherine cut herself off before a small sigh escaped her thin lips. "Crying."

What has Tom started that I'm going to have to end?

"I don't understand, what rumors?" I reply, shaking my head frantically as a tick of anxiety and discomfort. I hoped that whatever was happening now had nothing to do with Tom Riddle, and he was just going to leave me alone after our encounter in the supply closet. I waited patiently for Katherine to speak.

I was desperate to know what was being said about me. The anxiety of not knowing aches my pride more than she could imagine.

"You haven't heard? so it's not true?" Katherine's eyes pleaded hopeful towards me, which only worried me further.

"Please, just tell me. They're most definitely not true. I swear it to you, Katherine Malfoy." I scowled in eagerness, my eyes becoming drought with tears.

"Tom's been saying that—" Katherine trailed off, spinning on her heels as if she were nervous.

Of course, it's Tom. After our affair in the closet, he simply couldn't let me live.

"Oh, well," She choked, "That you've been sleeping around with all the guys in the school, and you tried to sleep with him in the supply closet."

I froze in utter terror. Of all the things I thought, I would've never thought of this. This was low and dirty. Does Tom really have no class to himselfActually, no, this is typical of him. I now realize that there is no code when It comes to revenge for him. He will do whatever it takes to get things his way, there's no changing that.

I didn't know what to say for the slightest moment until something clicked in me. I had realized something. I had a moment of clarity.

"And to think you'd thought they were true? What kind of friend are you? To think so low of me?" I spat, finally realizing that Katherine had wronged me.

I was furious. Not only with Tom, but with Katherine. She thought so little of me, didn't she? Apparently, just about anyone and everyone believe these rumors; even my boyfriend and best friend of fourteen years.

Eventually, the raging anger inside me washed up into a mixture of sadness and discomfort. I could feel the tears begin to well in my eyes, and I clenched my fists so hard that my nails dug into my skin. I bled. But I didn't care. How could Tom Riddle be so cruel?

"No, I didn't, I mean." She stammered, and I knew that she couldn't come up with any excuses as to why she assumed the rumors were true.

"You mean what?" I asked, resting my hands on my hips.

"Lizzie. They're just rumors, They'll go away. I'm sure of it." She spoke quick-paced, attempting to change the subject of the conversation.

"We'll explain everything to Abraxas, too!" Added Kiara; my other best friend, who had seemingly appeared out of thin air.