chapter ten

betrayal;

ares (a masked man);

"the girl is protected," I spoke to the man before me with more respect than anyone I'd ever spoken to.

"by whom?" he questioned, glints of suspicion in his tone.

"I haven't figured his identity, but I'll have you know he's only in year six." I elaborate.

His eyes rested in relief, "I'd barely consider her protected. He's a child. We have absolutely nothing to worry about."

"he's fairly trained in spells. spells that not even our knights know; the property of the dark arts." I almost whispered.

"I won't hear any more of this. we will get the girl." he protested my suggestion, sipping his wine.

I bent down an angle, whispering, "he is the heir of Slytherin."

My lord paused for a moment, a look of concern glimpsed on his face. "I want the boy as well."

A few weeks later.

Elizabeth;

"As you may know, a particular school has been shut down, due to unforeseen circumstances. There had to be some certain arrangements made. We have several new students." Headmaster Dippet paused, pulling a piece of parchment from his pocket and reading from it, "Klausner Blacksmith if you would please come here." he continued.

Do you know that sinking feeling that churns through your heart and into your stomach when something is about to happen? - whether it be a gracious miracle or your worst nightmare, it's a hard feeling to swallow. That feeling is all I fathom at this moment. No other emotions could barricade this one, no matter how strong or frail.

Klausner Blacksmith.

The boy who hurt me.

I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears, becoming faster and faster. I couldn't breathe, and my vision became unbearably blurry. Panic set in as I attempted to focus my vision on Klaus, but I barely could. My eyesight was strobing in and out.

Everything was an incoherent, blurry mess.

"Slytherin!" the hat shouted, and I couldn't even see Klausner anymore.

"No," I whispered, my voice cracking down. I took deep breaths in a frail attempt to steady my breathing.

I suddenly felt a wave of euphoria wash over me, and I had a sense of drifting off.

"Lizzie." a familiar, soft, and kind voice reached me.

My eyes peeled open to the sight of a comforting face.

"Why are you lying on the floor?" Says Abraxas, as he scratches the back of his head in confusion.

Oh.

"Where is everyone?" I say, slinking my body up off the floor, making Abraxas take a step back.

"Elizabeth, I'm sorry-" He began, but I stopped him.