chapter five

blame;

Tom

"What could a timid and shy, woman, like Elizabeth Kane possibly have to offer to us?"

Alecto Carrow; one of my followers questioned.

The words he carelessly scowled about her, were something I'd thought about Elizabeth for the entirety of my sixteen years of life. In the real world, individuals like her never exceeded the use of only a pawn; to be used and obstructed. As I dissected her life, I came to a realization of that. Easy to manipulate. Low self-esteem.

However, she was brandished into Slytherin for a reason. Underneath the insufferably thin, fragile woman, there was someone far more sinister. I admired that bit about her since I convey the same image to others around me as well. After all, I'd thought about her, we weren't so different.

She was going to change my future for the greater good, and she never knew it. I'd discovered something about herself that not even she knew.

"Are you questioning my intuition?" I asked him, shifting my tone authoritatively.

His stutter came into play, "My lord, No, I mean."

He was ridden with terror, and it gave me joy; watching him bumbling around his words as a fool would. His pain was my pleasure.

"Enough, let our lord speak." Spoke Antonin Dolohov, a boy I was much familiar with.

"Dolohov, I don't need the permission of a measly pest to speak," I spoke, abruptly sounding at my wit's end.

They nodded their heads in sync, all in agreement.

I spoke quick-paced, "Elizabeth will not be with us for long, I suppose if I'm incorrect. I need to see if it's true."

"If what's true?" Antonin asked, the hues of curiosity gleaming in his eye.

"You'll just have to wait and see," I replied coyly.

Elizabeth;

[trigger warning for SA.]

As detention came to an unusually sudden end, Tom had taken off before I could get a word in. I assume to consult with his friends as he always does.

I still had no clue how I felt about our new and sudden friendship. It was odd and uncalled for. Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't want it. I don't think I'd have the guts to discard his offer anyway.

though something about it felt disingenuous.

I was painfully exhausted, as my feet dragged on; I didn't know if I'd make it to my dorm. It felt as if I had a run for fifty miles on hot, burning cole. I came to imagine the hard and cracked floor transcending into burning and inflamed piles of cole, as ashy, white, smoke plowed through the cracks and lines.

I've found that I have a very active imagination, and I oftentimes find myself daydreaming. It makes me feel like a child again. Some days, all I can do is dream. It's how I cope. I imagine, imagine I'm anywhere else but here.

As I took long and strained steps, I heard a series of thuds behind me. Footsteps. As I snapped around to spot who was there, there stood no one.