31- He's a Pastry

Izuku spent pretty much all night trying to master his new technique. It took me awhile to convince him to finally come inside and sleep but I wouldn't be surprised if he snuck back out once I fell asleep. I sat on the couch scrolling through my phone while the sound of footsteps came down the steps.

        I turned to face Gran Torino as he came downstairs.
             "Goodmorning," He greeted us before he looked over at Izuku, "what's wrong? You look beat?" He asks him causing me to chuckle a bit. Izuku was covered in small scrapes and acouple bruises from landing on his face way too many times.
           "Well I was training on my own yesterday and took it a little too far. I tried taking what you said to me and putting it into practice but it was no good. Obviously I still have a long way to go." Izuku explains.
            "It's your first time trying so it's to be expected. That is how training works. Of course All Might can't wrap his mind around that. He was pretty much able to handle One For All right off the bat so I taught him in a very different manner," He explains before he makes his way to the kitchen, "Of course he had the body going for him."
             "Wow All Might as a student. What was that like?" I ask in excitement.
             "Well it was all combat training for him." He replies. My eyes widen as I picture Gran Torino beating the crap out of All Might causing chills to go down my spine. Geez. "The training was difficult but I couldn't hold back on him. I was sworn by my trusted friend who had just passed away."
             "You mean All Might's predecessor? Wow.....so can you tell me anything about them?" Izuku asks. Before he can answer the door bell ring, interrupting his train of thought.
           "I'll get it!" I stand up and jog over to the door while Izuku and Gran Torino continue talking.

         I bring in the heavy box and place it down on the ground. Gran Torino doesn't waste any time sitting down and opening the box to reveal a brand new microwave.
             "A microwave?" Izuku asks in confusion.
            "Yeah, for some reason mine broke yesterday." He grins. I tilt my head to the side as I remember he used the microwave as a place to land while he was 'training' us yesterday, completely destroying it. He seriously doesn't remember? He can't be serious. "How about we warm up some of that frozen food I bought. It'll be good." He suggests as he rubs the microwave.
           "But the only thing you bought was dessert." I point out.
            "What can I say I like the finer things in life." He chuckles as he makes his way into the kitchen excitedly. I look at Izuku and shrug before grabbing the trash off the ground while he carries the microwave into the kitchen.

        I sat at the table with Gran Torino, watching him excitedly swing his feet under the table and tap it as if he was a little boy. It was cute honestly but man I knew if he had to he could beat me and Izuku up without a second glance. Izuku stood in front of the microwave, waiting for the food to be done as he began to mumble to himself. There he goes again, deep in thought.

        As he stood there, I began to get lost in my own thoughts as I stared at him. He was defiantly getting stronger, he seemed maybe a bit taller too. His hair was ruffled like usual, maybe even a bit more with the lack of sleep. Gran Torino clearing his throat caused me to snap out of my daze and focus back on him.
          "So how do you come to play with All Might and one for all?" He asks.
          "Oh well I've known Izuku since we were very young and all might felt he could trust me since Izuku trusted me." I inform him.
           "That's it?" He asks me while giving me a blank expression.
            "Heh...yeah..." I sigh heavily and lower my head as if I'm being scolded. To be honest, Izuku and All Might didn't have to tell me about their secret, I could've been completely in the dark about it like Kacchan but they still did anyways and I was honored.

          There was a ding from the microwave and Gran Torino and I were focused on the food once again. I didn't realize how hungry I was until Izuku put the plate down on the table.
            "Oh man look at these delicious babies. Come and get them while they're steaming." Gran Torino says in excitement before picking up one of the fish shaped desserts. I look over at Izuku and place my hand on his, stopping his mumbling.
          "Izuku, relax. You'll figure it all out soon. I know you will, you're really smart. Just eat okay?" I smile up at him. He nods and returns the smile before taking a seat. Gran Torino makes a loud grunting noise causing us to look over at him. His teeth didn't go through the pastry like it was supposed to. Instead it completely stopped as if he was eating a piece of cinderblock.
          "Still frozen." He grumbles out with the food still in his mouth. Izuku's eyes widen as he stares at Gran Torino.
           "No way! I'm sure I microwaved them the way it said to." Izuku argues. I slap my hand over my mouth as I listen Gran Torino scold Izuku. I guess Izuku is just so smart he's stupid. As Izuku was apologizing, his eyes widened and he completely went silent. As if a light had gone off in his head and he finally understood something. "I've got it! Woah! Gran Torino I got it!," He shouts excitedly before picking up one of the pastries, "The pastry in my hand is me!!!"
           "No it's not. Are you okay?" Gran Torino responds as he squints his eyes at Izuku.
          "He didn't get much sleep last night." I comment.
            "That explains it." Gran Torino responds to my comment.
             "I don't mean it literally. Well as a dessert.," He sighs as he places the pastry back down, "all this time I've been summoning one for all when I really needed it, in the places I need. Like flipping on some kind of switch. But when I do that, my reaction time gets slower and slower, with every move. Which means I shouldn't be flipping the switch off. I should just be keeping the power on the entire time. Imagining the energy that used to be focused in one place and spreading it throughout my entire body." He explains.

        My eyes widen as I watch Izuku with excitement. My chest began to warm up as if I was a parent watch their child walk for the first time. I was so proud of him. I knew he'd figure it out, he was so smart there was no way he wouldn't. I watched green strokes of electricity course off of his body as he clenched his fist. It wouldn't be long now before he became the greatest hero the world has ever seen.