Chapter 86, Hopeful Words

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"He's a medical ninja", Shikaku interjected, directing his speech at me. My lips part for a moment as I digest what that meant.

"So that means he has perfect chakra control?", I say, to which Shikaku responds by simply nodding.

If we engage in battle, then my Genjutsu will be completely useless...

I let that sink in before gesturing for Sakura to continue.

"H-he wasn't the only one..."

My eyes widen at this and I turn back to Shikaku.

"How many were there?", Shikaku inquired, to which Sakura answered:

"There were four others, they surrounded us completely and left no opening. Sasuke and Naruto tried their best to fight them at the same time, but we were still outnumbered. I recall that one of them said something about saving Sasuke as a gift for Orochimaru...while holding Naruto as leverage against someone...".

My lips fall ajar and my heart sinks in my stomach. What could that possibly mean? Why will Naruto be held as leverage and why is Sasuke going to be a present for Orochimaru?

"Sakura", Shikaku interrupted again, his expression was serious, "what was the headband that Kabuto and these four people were wearing?".

Sakura's eyes drop for a moment, but I was quick to snatch a piece of paper and a pencil for her. I hold them up for her politely and ask, "could you possibly happen to know how to draw it for us?", I bite on my lips nervously as dangerous thoughts travel back and forth in my mind.

If I put the two and two together then I get one scary idea...and I do not want to think that way...

Sakura gladly takes the piece of paper and the pencil and began drawing on the table's surface. Shikaku and I watch intently, all the while giving each other curt glances from time to time.

I watch as Sakura scribbles down some lines carefully, all the while holding her breath as she tries to concentrate on her work.

I narrow my eyes down to slits as I take in the shape of the design she'd just scribbled. She then halts and puts the pencil aside, saying, "I'm sorry...I tried my best..."

But that's when my eyes widen as Shikaku and I look at each other knowingly.

"Hidden Sound...", we blurted out in unison.

Sakura simply stares at us in confusion, before Shikaku alters his expression instantly and tells her, "thank you for helping us, Sakura, now I'll have you escorted to your parents who are waiting-"

"Promise me"

It took me a moment to snap out of my train of thought and realize that she was directing her speech at me.

"Promise me you'll bring Naruto and Sasuke back", she almost pleads.

I attempt a forced smile and assured her.

"I will"

I stood up on my feet again only to fall back on one of the chairs as I desperately sighed. Shikaku had summoned one of the investigators and ordered him to escort Sakura to her parents. My hand reached to my temple as I processed all that I heard.

"Itachi..."

"I know..."

"The Hidden Sound...that's the village established by Orochimaru", he states, when we're all alone, "Is it possible that he plans to use Sasuke as a vessel? Then utilize his visual prowess to control the Nine-Tails?".

"No", I interject, then look up at Shikaku once again and sternly say, "Sasuke doesn't have that visual prowess to enable Orochimaru to do so..."