Monday, 8 February 2021

Well, what a month!

First off, I apologise for ghosting for a freaking month! I've been so occupied with classes and all, plus the thought of what to write next really stresses me out—in other words: demotivation!

But don't worry, I'm back! 

Safe and sound!

Anyways. . . 

Over the past month, I was able to identify the little habits that connect to the big picture called Aspie. 

With the help of my mum, of course, since she was the key person who had to look after my Aspie-self (love you, mum!)

One instance: -

During our tutorial, we were discussing the rise of TikTok as a platform. At one point, the challenges became a form of our side discussion. One talked about Doja Cat's song being famous after TikTok, and I thought of bringing up WAP Challenge too. 

I mean, I thought it was a good example that was relevant to the topic. Not to mention, everyone was doing it and that caused the huge popularity of that song. 

Cardi B is making tons of money off that song, bruh!

However, my lecturer saw that discussion and asked "What is the WAP Challenge?"

That's when I knew, I f***ed up. . . .

I'm pretty sure you might've asked: well, what's the problem here?

Here's the thing, I never thought twice before saying it. I was fully focused on giving it as a mere example—I never thought how it's going to impact the others at the very mention of it. Pretty sure everyone will have different reactions to the very theme of the WAP Challenge (a.k.a dropping on the floor twerking), meaning not everyone is going to be like "oh my gosh, yea that challenge!". 

Sometimes they'll go "eww, that disgusting, disgraceful challenge, I don't know why these people are doing that challenge it's so lifeless"

This is not to degrade the ones who did the challenge, but. . . you know. . .people vary sometimes. 

And I've seen that a lot more than usual.

But not in my household. Slipper will be your reply. (0-0)

Coming back to my point, according to my mum, one of the minor traits of Aspies is not thinking twice before saying/doing things. And sadly, that was my case for years of living in this world. I always end up in a situation where I do things without filtering myself up—and that's not okay. 

From there, I began to think a lot more before speaking. 

I've noticed that whenever I think about a point to speak, I make sure that it goes through every social filter—then I talk. 

But I believe that there are a lot more solutions out there, just that I'm not aware of it?

So tell me:-

Have you ever experienced this before?

Do you think there's another solution to this? If yes, then what is it?

Lastly, how are you? (be honest!)

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Hello, again! I'm so sorry for leaving just like that! Demotivation sucks and Covid is not helping me either. I get it, months of lockdown and online classes really got into me, and mentally I've been more exhausted than before (T-T)

All I can say is, hold on guys! Covid will end soon, vaccination is on the go, and next thing you know: you can go out and have fun! (and touch each other lol)

<333