He looks at you, "I'm Nanami Kento. I don't think I've introduced myself."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Y/N."

After that, you both drop silent, turning to look out the window. It's not uncomfortable, you're both tired and not in the mood to talk in the first place.

"Actually," Nanami starts, so you look at him out of the corner of your eye, "I'm thinking about quitting tomorrow."

"Why is that?"

"There's something I like more than this, and even though I'd abandoned it, I want to give it another shot."

"Good for you," You hum, "Why'd you abandon it in the first place?"

"It was shit."

You openly stare at him for a second, before snorting, "What? I-I thought you liked it."

"It's shit, but this is more shit."

You place a hand over your mouth to hide your laugh, "Good deal."

Before he can say anything else, something comes flying into the glass next to your head, shattering the material into pieces. Your eyes skim the creature as it flies past your face, glass shards tapping your head and back.

What? How did it break that glass just now? This is not the time to be imagining things.

But... He was seeing it to. He was looking directly at where it perched itself on one of the computers.

"You can see it? Really? Please tell me you see it." You say hurridly, standing up and tripping over your feet to reach him. You grab his shoulder, eyes wide.

He glances over at you, his brow furrowed, "Yes."

"Oh my god, I thought I was the only one. I've seen them my whole life and everyone thought I was crazy-"

You're cut off by a ear piercing shriek coming from the monster, eyes buldging across it's figure.

"Fucking gross." You say, face scrunched.

He laughs lightly, causing you to look up shocked. You didn't think you'd make him laugh.

Nanami takes a step forward, so you let your hand drop from his shoulder. He grabs his tie off his neck, wrapping it around his palm and securing it into a knot.

What is he doing?

Before you can vocalize your confusion, his palm ignites into blue flames, licking the air above it. You were close enough to realize that it wasn't fire, it was more otherworldly then that. It had emotion behind it.

He reaches his arm back and slams it into the side of the creature, causing it to wail and disintegrate. Leaving nothing behind in its wake.

"Only a grade 4, that was lucky." Nanami mumbles, releasing the tie from his hand.

"Grade 4? What does that mean?"

He pushes up his glasses and runs a hand through his hair, "I'll explain later. For now, come with me. It's not safe here."

Of course, you were a little scared to follow him. Yeah he didn't try to kill you in the office and technically saved your life, but you can never be too sure.

You take the back exit out of the building, Nanami shucking on his jacket that he grabbed before you left. It was pretty cold, damn you wish you wore more layers.

You both walk to the most populated street, the blond man reaching out his arm to hail a cab. Luckily, there was one near you.

You climb into the cab together, Nanami giving the driver instructions that you were too dazed to process in the moment. Probably not a smart decision on your part.