°nature garden°

Hello, new update (finally) comment please🥺

°°°

"Baby, Tae, my beautiful gem, wake up", a raspy morning voice cooed before fingers tickled a soft cheek that was squished against a slim tan arm. "I'll kiss you, Angel if you still pretend to be asleep", Jeongguk breathed into Taehyung's ear before a feathery kiss was placed onto his earlobe, sharp teeth teasing the flesh softly.

Taehyung jolted awake, turning around abruptly to stare wide eyed at Jeongguk in whose arms he has accidentally fallen asleep. There was a blush now laying on the apples of his cheeks and his puppy eyes looked up to Jeongguk in shock. "There's my beautiful gem", Jeongguk smiled lovingly and leaned down to wipe Taehyung's long curly hair out of his forehead, revealing his gorgeous doe eyes.

"I have a surprise for you, Tae", Hades said, voice tender and filled with so much love that it left Taehyung's speechless, a warm feeling submerging in his own chest because he felt safe in Jeongguk's arms. 

After he has been returned to his soulmate, Hoseok and Yoongi have left back to the outside world. Taehyung has felt sad to see his friends turning out this way yet he has made his decision and he wanted to stay. Wanted to stay with Jeongguk and see him with new eyes, not the corrupted ones thanks to his father. Taehyung has promised to give Jeongguk a chance and he meant it.

Especially once he saw how charming and kind the emperor of the underworld actually was. Nothing reminded of the cold, merciless person he has encountered in the beginning, the ruthless person who has kidnapped him to this scary place which seemed less scary by now. A villain persona forced onto him until Jeongguk has become the bad guy everyone expected him to be. 

Seeing this gentle, doe eyed version of Hades was something so unexpected yet Taehyung knew that he was the only one to see Jeongguk this way. It made him feel incredibly special and he liked it. He would admit it too if he was asked.

"A surprise? What would that be?", Taehyung asked curiously, stretching his back like a little kitten and purring in comfort when Jeongguk scratched his back. "Something I hope you won't expect", the brunet said secretively and let go of Taehyung who whined, reaching for his hand and not letting go with the most precious pout on his lips.

"If you look at me like that, I will kiss you", Jeongguk playfully threatened Taehyung, heart overflowing with joy yet excitement but also nervousness. He felt like he was dreaming, waking up every minute and then not having Taehyung in his arms anymore. Jeongguk was so happy to have the love of his life with him and he wanted to do anything for Taehyung.

Taehyung's cheeks flared red. "Meanie", he pouted.

°°°

"Where are you taking me?", Taehyung asked for the nth time, a whine added to his tone while he was preciously tugging onto Jeongguk's hand, the taller man giddy from being allowed to hold Taehyung's soft hand in his calloused one. Touching, talking to the precious flower god felt so unreal yet nothing made Jeongguk more happier.

"You'll see. This way, Baby", Jeongguk guided Taehyung to a more away corner of the palace, entering another corridor and stopping in front of two symmetrical doors before turning to the curious puppy by his side. "I know our situation didn't start off good and I'll be suffering for the rest of my immortal life the way I treated you. And I'm so sorry for taking your here. You as a god of nature do not belong to the underworld so I thought of a way to bear the pain you must feel and make life down here more bearable", Jeongguk started, swiftly reaching into his pocket and fishing out a key. 

"I gift you everything that is behind these doors, Taehyung", Jeongguk said lovingly, handing Taehyung the key who shifted nervously on his feet before shuffling forward and unlocking the door. "Go on, open the doors, my gem", the underworld god smiled tenderly and Taehyung turned the knob.

Once the door swung open, Taehyung felt his breath get knocked out of his chest. He took a few hesitant steps forward before turning around in a circle and staring shocked and in disbelief at his surroundings.

Because he was standing in a garden. A flower garden, filled with so many of his favorite flowers, magnolias, roses, lilies, violets, baskets of gold, poppies... The flower god was reunited with his element again and tears formed in Taehyung's eyes when he stretched out his hand and touched a precious little daisy nearby which immediately brightened by his touch.

"The room was extra constructed to fake the sunlight. Yoongi was so kind and left a sun here", Jeongguk explained while Taehyung started to cry softly, not believing that the other did this for him. "My own flower garden", he whimpered, turning around to Jeongguk.

And this special look in Taehyung's eyes, confusion, happiness and gratitude made Jeongguk fall in love even harder than before. 

"Y-you did this for me...? Oh Jeongguk...", Taehyung sobbed happily, looking around in happy disbelief. the garden was beautiful, constructed like a glass house yet the glass allowed the view outside to a gorgeous grass field. An illusion but a beautiful illusion. 

Jeongguk did this for me, Taehyung thought while he cried tears of happiness, heart aching. 

"I didn't pick most of the flowers. There's someone who knows your taste in flowers better than I can...", Jeongguk's voice trailed off at the end and just when Taehyung thought Jeongguk couldn't do more for him, couldn't gift him something better than a garden, he heard footsteps coming closer.

And there, just next to a bush of rosemary, stood Seokjin.

"Dad", Taehyung cried out, everything else forgotten when he ran to his father who opened his arms, crying as soon as he could hold his son. "My rose, my Taehyungie", Seokjin cried and pressed his son close, inhaling his scent and closing his eyes pained before releasing a sob. 

Jeongguk smiled at the reunited father and son before leaving, carefully closing the door behind him to give the two their much needed privacy. 

"I don't understand... how can you be here? Oh Dad, I missed you so much, I heard that you left earth and I was so worried, you did this because of me didn't you, I'm so sorry you had to endure this pain all alone", Taehyung ranted, he was sobbing so loudly that he was choking on his words and Seokjin laughed wetly into his hair before he moved them to a closeby bench, magically appearing out of nowhere as if the garden has sensed Taehyung's distress.

"Breathe Taehyungie", Seokjin said lovingly, caressing Taehyung's back in the way he always did and it had Taehyung melting before he bursted into tears again. "Dad", he sniffled before he hugged his father again, so tightly as if he was afraid to let go. "My beautiful rose... I can't believe I could see you again. I've lost all hope", Demeter said pained, stroking his son's hair.

"How are you here? You can't be here... Oh no, did you die?! Is this why you are here, please tell me this can't be true", sudden anxiety invaded Taehyung's heart by this thought yet he was quickly shushed by his father.

"No no, Taehyungie, I am not dead. I'm here because of you. Because Jeongguk has reached out for me and told me his side of the story before allowing me to enter the underworld. And to make you an offer", Seokjin said lovingly, causing Taehyung to halt and look confused at his father.

"What do you mean?"

"Taehyungie, my precious rose. You can leave with me, if you want to."

~

One of my favorite chapters uwu

Elaboratae