°birds of paradise°

“Why are we leaving?? We came here to take Taehyung back or Seokjin will never bring harvest back! Yoongi! We need to return Taehyung to the living world, or Namjoon will be--”

“Namjoon will have to accept what fate has chosen for us. Even he wouldn’t dare to go against the Moirai, not again. And you only want to take Taehyung back because you can’t accept he’s in someone else’s arms”, Yoongi snapped at the defiant god by his side, Hoseok’s arm in his hold while the sun god dragged him away from Hades and Persephone to talk in silence.

“So what? He’s my fiance, I have every right-“, Hoseok began, looking back into the direction of Taehyung now cuddled up against Jeongguk’s side, shyly accepting the affectionate touches.

“You don’t have the right to go over someone’s feelings because you’re selfish, Hoseok! It is his decision, not yours. Besides, you and I know we cannot break their bond, not when he willingly ate this forsaken fruit and not when their souls were bonded!“, Yoongi hissed silently at Hoseok. The sun god froze when he accidentally revealed this piece of information to Hoseok.

“What?!“, Hoseok hissed out, not believing the words Yoongi said. “You have no idea what you’re talking about, Hoseok. Not an idea because this fate has been sealed way before your existence”, Yoongi groaned annoyed, might as well fuck everything up and tell Hoseok the truth. What was Namjoon gonna do? Yoongi had nothing to lose anymore, not when the only thing he wanted was out of reach for him.

“Jeongguk and Taehyung were chosen to be together by the Moirai. An old prophecy bonds them together which is why Namjoon tries so hard to separate them. It’s the reason why Jeongguk even became the emperor of the underworld. Yes, he did chose the wrong rod when they split the world under the three brothers but he was free to walk on earth. That changed when he became Taehyung’s bonded soulmate, on the day of Taehyung’s birth. Namjoon is said to lose his powers when they stay together”, Yoongi said, revealing the prophecy of these two and all Hoseok could do was stare.

Stare at Yoongi in disbelief before realization sunk into him once he saw how serious the other was. Then his eyes wandered over to Taehyung and Jeongguk. The little flower god looked concerned over to Hoseok, puppy eyes looking innocently at him while Jeongguk straight up glared at Hoseok.

“I-is this true? You two are fated soulmates?“, Hoseok asked, hope sparkling in his eyes but the shimmer soon disappeared when he caught the shy glance Taehyung threw into Jeongguk’s direction, a soft blush on his face while the sun over his head illuminated his face.

Jeongguk smiled softly down at Taehyung, kissing the crown of his hair and not minding the sudden brightness in his eyes after the action. “Y-yes... Hobi Hyung, I’m sorry. My father should’ve never pulled you into this mess”, Taehyung whispered, looking broken by the mention of his father and Jeongguk next to him clenched his fists.

He knew what he had to do but he was afraid. Afraid that Taehyung in the end was going to choose someone else.

But the little god of flowers did something that surprised all of them. Taehyung shyly reached out to hold Jeongguk’s big calloused hand in his own, smiling softly at the surprised looking god of the underworld. “Despite the rough past, I was willing to let you explain... you did take me brutally, away from my father but I’ve seen that you’ve been wronged too, Jeongguk. M-my father is the one responsible for your agony. You kidnapped me, but only because my father didn’t leave you a choice”, Taehyung whispered, the words only meant for Jeongguk’s ears and the man listened, vulnerable.

“If my father didn’t force you to be the villain, I would’ve loved way sooner”, Taehyung whispered with tears sparkling in his eyes and highlighting the pain that was reflected by Jeongguk’s own sorrow. Hades gasped lowly, pupils widening once he realized what Taehyung was hinting at and his heart skipped a beat.

Could it be... that Taehyung was really giving him a chance?

Taehyung smiled softly at Jeongguk before he lifted his head to look at Hoseok, and guilt mixed into his expression once he saw how broken the god of travel looked. “Hoseok...“, Taehyung whispered, pain in his heart because he never meant to hurt Hoseok, his dear friend.

But from the start, Taehyung has known that his feelings for Hoseok were simply friendly, and could never turn into the romantic emotions Hoseok desired him to have. Persephone felt guilty for giving the other false hope as it was never in his intention to do so.

Now that his heart has chosen to give Jeongguk a chance, he had to be honest with Hoseok before it would destroy the both of them and most importantly, their friendship.

“Could you not even give a chance? I can try to become the way you want me, I promise! I love you, Taehyung-ah. I-I thought... you were happy with me. Although Seokjin chose me, I promised myself to make you happy. Be honest with me, please. Tae... did you ever love me the way I do?", Hoseok asked desperately and it broke Taehyung's heart but the next words must be spoken or Hoseok will never find his peace. 

Taehyung didn't want to be brutal with the man whose only mistake was to love him.

“Hoseok, I’m... fond of you. But I could never love you. I'm sorry my father gave you false hope and I'm that I didn't come clear about my feelings sooner. You deserve the world, Hoseok. But I cannot give you what you desire", Taehyung said softly but Hoseok didn't want to listen to the heartbreaking words.

Blinded by his sorrow and despair for Taehyung to love him back, he didn't want to accept the rejection of the love of his life.

So he jumped forward and ripped Taehyung out of Jeongguk's hold. 

~

Oh no Hobi, you better not try this:00

Elaboratae