47- Brother Dearest

Start from the beginning

"You snuck away during a bar fight for a quickie or something?" Leven accused her harshly.

Alana had almost audibly gagged at the thought.

"What? N-no!"

"Anubis, explain why you were holding our woman so intimately... quickly," Kazumi warned.

Amun simply smiled, much like Alana, brightly and innocently.

"It seems you are misunderstood, friends."

Amun grabbed Alana's wrist and pulled her back into him, away from Leven. He embraced Alana from behind with one arm, the other pinching her cheek.

"Alana is mine."

Everyone, including Alana, furrowed their brows at his remark.

"Excuse me?" Leopoldo said darkly, placing his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"My sister that is!" Amun quickly grinned, hugging her closer. "Such a small world, isn't it? I had no idea my little sister was traveling with my favorite pirates." 

The pirates were still thrown.

"Sister?" Ivo deadpanned.

Alana chuckled awkwardly, moving out of her brother's awkward embrace.

"That is why I was so shocked to see him; Anubis is my older brother." Alana motioned to Amun who smiled brightly.

"You never said you had a brother," Kazumi said suspiciously, unknowingly sending an emotional gut-punch straight into Amun.

"You never asked." Alana retorted, shooting a glance back up to her brother.

"And how fate would have it that after six years of separation we are reunited in a bar fight!" Amun patted her shoulder similarly to how she does to Silas.

"And look how grown my cute sister has become in that time, wouldn't you all agree she is a fine woman?" Amun presented Alana as if she were the catch of the century.

"Woah..." Leven held up a hand. "Back it up, you are saying that you two..." He motioned between the siblings. "Are related?"

"Brother and sister, quite so." Amun smiled. "And such a coincidence that unknown to each other we now share the same goal. I cannot wait to take down Taycia with little Lana." Amun ruffled her hair calling her by her dreaded nickname.

Just shut up, Amun.

"We were separated in Taycia, and I found myself here. I  could not believe my eyes when I saw Lana sitting with you all." Amun went on fabricating a quick cover story. "She, of course, has changed a lot, but I know my sister."

Would it be terrible to kill the rebel leader who just so happens to be her brother? Kazumi thought to himself sizing the rebellion leader up, very unhappy with the way Amun held Alana.

"It is indeed strange," Kazumi spoke, it sounded cold and dry.

It was followed by an awkward suffocating silence as everyone looked between each other piecing together the events that just occurred.

"Well, it is a pity, but I must depart. I only came to drop something off for Harold." Amun's joyous voice shattered through the silence.

When he bowed his head, his hoop earrings dangled with his braid.

"You have my word that whatever my sister wants to happen with this revolution I will make it so."

Alana perked at her brother's promise.