Chapter 9:

"There you two are. We were wondering where you were hiding." Ron raised his eyebrows and had a huge grin plastered across his face as he stared down at us.

"Did you guys have some fun?" Gabby asked, snuggling closer into Ron.

Ron had his hand firmly planted on Gabby's backside. Those two were getting awfully comfortable together tonight. Ron seemed like a nice enough guy, a little flirty, but I wasn't too worried about that. I had seen my fair share of terrible men and he definitely wasn't one of them. Those two could be good together.

"A blast," Cam said as he lifted his leg over the bike to climb off.

"Yeah, it looks like it." Ron was laughing when he caught a peek of Cam shifting uncomfortably, trying to secretly readjust himself.

The three of them began to creep away from where I was still firmly seated. I was finding it extremely difficult to make my legs work.

"Hey, Jess, you coming?" Gabby called back to me.

"Already did." Bad Jessa sang out, patting herself on the back.

"Way to go, Nash." Ron hooted at him.

When I looked up, Ron was smacking Cameron on the back like a proud Papa congratulating his son on his first home run. Gabby was hanging on to Ron's shoulder as she fought to catch her breath. Her loud cackle cut through the restaurant causing multiple heads to turn in our direction.

Did I say that out loud? Shit.

Cameron was fighting back his laughter when he walked back over to help me climb off. He grabbed my hands and pulled me to my feet. My knees were shaking underneath me as he stood tall over top of me and smoldered down.

"Hey, Jessa and I are going to head back to my place," Cam called back to them without removing his determined gray eyes from mine. The look on Cameron's face was screaming that he was about to pin me against the wall and fuck me.

I swallowed as I looked up at him. We may have had a brief second of unplanned fun, but I was not ready to be with him again intimately. My heart started racing and I felt like I was going to pass out. This was too much for my fragile scrambled brain.

To be honest, being alone with him again terrified me in a way I couldn't explain.

"You two should come hang out too." I blurted out as I leaned around Cameron to look at Ron and Gabby. I had to break the spell Cameron was putting me under. It would be a lot more difficult for him to keep giving me the look that turned me into grape jelly if there were other people in the room.

Cameron's stance hardened and his jaw went rigid. His annoyance with me was written all over his body language. He looked down and turned his head in angry disbelief.

"It's the polite thing to do," I whispered just loud enough for him to hear and pulled at one of the buttons on his shirt. He shook his head and bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from yelling at me.

"Are you in, Gabby?" Ron asked her.

Gabby gave Ron a cutesy smile back, telling him there was no other place she would rather be.

"I guess that means we are all going back to my place," Cameron said through clenched teeth. He looked like an angry teddy bear right now.

We walked back over to our table and asked for the check from our waitress. She came back a few minutes later and began to hand it to me. Cameron snatched it out of my hands. I tried to grab it and he brought it around his back just out of my reach.