Chapter 84, Hanabi's Resolve

Začať od začiatku

In a single swift move, I unfolded the bandage. Then, ever so slowly I unwillingly began unwrapping it from my face.

The cloth snaked on my lap as it gradually grew the more I unfolded. I twirled the bandage over and over again on my face until I felt the cold air brush over my eyelids.

The tips of my uneven bangs brushed over my lids, tickling them into opening. I breathed a little heavily and got up from my place.

A single tear trickled down as I took unsteady steps while trailing my hands over the objects I got my hands on so I don't trip over my feet.

I can't do it...

My feet were taking me to the veranda, where a cold breeze brushed over my face, taking away my bangs with it.

The bandage was still in my clutch as I balled my fists while holding it against my chest dearly. I felt my face flush with heat as I finally let all the tears trickle down freely. I choke out one of my very suppressed cries as I stepped more onto the veranda.

The night was long and breezy, not to mention the clouds that still mourn how this village was the moth caught in the flames of two great nations.

The amount of blood that rained will never equal the tears that were shed.

The tears I was shedding right now, had every ounce of pain and sorrow I'd suppressed all these long years. They're burning hot as they stroll on my cheeks, making my shoulders tremble.

The thunder roared and rumbled and all I could do in response was hold back my unsteadiness. Madara was currently on the veranda as well, but there was a decent distance between us.

I recoiled at the idea of finally opening my eyes to see the place I've resided in for the past four years for the first time. I was panicking and my pacing heart grew restless.

Do I even have a reason to open my eyes?

Did I get my eyes back only to witness all the misery that is yet to come?

With a painfully scrunched face, I sniveled, "...I can't-"

Simultaneously, my body flinched with terror momentarily when I sensed the presence of an object being pelted my way.

I was too out of it to do anything. It rained upon me mercilessly as I felt my body freeze. The only thing I did was involuntarily separating my lids from one another and taking in the sight.

My breath had hitched in my throat then, my body felt stoned as I stared down at the orange mask, which had been pelted beyond the veranda and down it fell along the mourning of the heavens above.

My jaw was left hanging as I stared down at what was beyond this veranda.

The Hidden Rain Village...

Buildings upon buildings covered the landscape. It's hard to believe how such a place was a battleground during the great wars.

My emotions in this very moment transcended words. I cackled out a laugh as stinky hot tears spilled out involuntarily. I let the bandage go along the flow of the wind as I caught sight of my hand for the first time.

I caught one of my lengthy strands and scrutinized it with glossy eyes.

I can finally see again...

My hair had gone a bit pale from its original color. The strands were thick and strong.

Then I went stiff again and muscles tensed. Madara is standing right behind me...with his mask off...