Rose's Arranged Marriage

Start from the beginning

"The Doctor," Don laughed, but it was only thinly veiled mocking.  "Are you a doctor, then?"

"Actually, yes.  I'm Rose's medical Doctor as well as her... Best mate." The Doctor's grin was sarcastic, and Rose had to bite back a smile.

"Ah, nice to know," Don's smile faltered, and Jackie cleared her throat.  "And this is Mr. and Mrs. Smith," she said, and the couple stepped forward to shake Rose's hand.

"Smith, good name," The Doctor said politely.

"Thank you," Mrs. Smith replied, "That's very kind of you."

The Smiths sat on the couch opposite Rose and the Doctor.  Jackie resumed her position on the armchair.

"When is the wedding, then?" The Doctor's voice was suddenly sober.  His hand itched to reach for Rose's, but he wasn't looking for a slap from Jackie.

"We wanted to talk to you about that, Ms. Tyler," Mr. Smith said, his voice just as serious.  Jackie nodded, urging him to go on, and he cleared his throat.  "We have to leave town in two days, so the only time we could do it would be... Well, tomorow."

"Tomorrow? Are you all insane?"  Rose shouted, panicked, because there was no way she could find a way to get out of this in a day.  And if they just ran away in the TARDIS, her mother would never forgive her. 

"Rose, sweetheart, it might be for the best," Jackie turned to Dawn.  "Rose travels so much, she just needs to settle down."

"I agree," Don nodded solemnly.  "And you're very beautiful, Rose."

"Thanks," Rose replied through gritted teeth.

"She knows," The Doctor said calmly, nodding.  He didn't trust himself to look at Rose, so he just muttered again; "She knows."

Rose reached over and squeezed the Doctor's hand.

After an awkward first meeting, Don and the Smiths leave Rose fuming because she told Don about her disinterest and no one but the Doctor was having it.

"Well, you'd best pop off and find a wedding dress," Jackie said.

"Why, don't you want to come?" Rose asked sarcastically.

Jackie's eyes softened.  "I do, but I don't think you'd want me to come with."

"I'm just gonna pick something out of the TARDIS and we'll be back for the wedding," Rose replied, admitting defeat.  "Come with me, Doctor?"

The walk through the TARDIS was solemn at best, Rose never letting go of the Doctor's hand.  They walked straight to the wardrobe room and the Doctor walked a very direct path to a specific white gown.

He pulled out a full ballgown that had rhinestones peppered accross the bodice, and a corset back.  The tulle skirt didn't have a train, and the sweetheart neckline was something Rose had always wanted in a dress.  He handed it to her, a dark look on his face.

"How did you know to get this one?"  Rose asked quietly, running her hand over the material.

"I just-" he stopped.

"What?" She met his gaze.

"I want to see you in it.  I'll be back to help you get the back laced."  He disappeared from the wardrobe room for her to change, and she did so very quickly, since she wanted him to come back as soon as possible.

She called him back into the room a minute later, and he walked up behind her ot begin lacing the dress.

"How could she do this to me, Doctor?"  Rose sighed.

"Very specific paperwork," he replied grimly.  His touch was gentle on her as he worked the satin ribbon up her back.

"You don't have to leave it so loose, Doctor, you're not gonna hurt me."

"Right, sorry."

"Dont be sorry." she said quietly. 

"I'm sorry this is happening to you."  The Doctor replied.  He finished lacing the dress up and turned her around so he could inspect the dress.  "Blimey, you look beautiful."

"For a human?"

"No," he shook his head.  "You look like..." he paused, his gaze softening even more.  "You look like a Time Lady."  His hand reached up to brush a piece of hair out of her face.

"You wanted to see me in this dress?"

"Under different circumstances, yes," he nodded.  "Not like this."

The Doctor sat next to Rose at her vanity as she curled her hair, not moving his hand from her leg, just needing to feel her there.  He watched her apply her makeup, kept telling her how beautiful she looked, just to see her blush.

He fixed the veil to her head and gazed at her again.  "Ready?"

"No," she lunged forward and flung her arms around his neck, pulling him close and trying not to cry.  "I promised you forever," she whispered against his neck. 

"You gave me forever," he murmured.  "Wait, I want you to wear something."  He pulled away from her and pulled a pair of blue converse shoes out from under the console.  "I... I was going to give them to you for your birthday."

"I love them," Rose managed a genuine smile to him, and slipped them on immediately.  "Gonna wear these all the time, I am."

When they returned to Jackie's flat the next day, she drove them straight to the church where Don was waiting.

The Doctor helped Rose out of the car and she immediately pulled him into another embrace, but this time she hissed into his ear, "You've got to save me."

She walked down the aisle, it was all a blur in the Doctor's mind.  His hearts pounded in his chest as he watched someone he loved get given away to somebody else, someone she didn't even know.  It was no accident when she lifted the skirt to show off her new shoes.

The ceremony started to rush by.

"If anyone has any cause as to why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

He made as if to stand, then sat, then fully stood up.  "Now, Mr. Don Smith, I honestly do have a due cause.  This lady," he winked at Rose, "Is my companion.  She's also my best mate.  We travel together, I do my best to take care of her, and sometimes I get her into trouble, but in reality, she enjoys it, and I do too because we're together."

Rose wrenched her hands from Don and stood fully facing the Doctor.

Jackie pulled at his suit sleeve and he stepped into the aisle to avoid her.  "And Miss Tyler is my friend the Bad Wolf.  Wolves can't be caged, you see."  He reached a shaking hand out to her, unaware as to how she would respond.  "Do you know what I'm going to say?"

Rose nodded, a huge grin splitting her face as she walked down to the Doctor, and he took her hand.

"Run!"

They tore out of the church laughing, and barely made it to the TARDIS before they were kissing and every emotion was running over in them.

"You saved me," she said breathlessly as his lips left hers and found her neck and collarbone with them. 

"Always will," he growled against her skin.  "There's no reason for you to marry anybody else."

Before she could ask him what that meant, his lips captured hers again, and she wasn't about to complain.