S1: Code Breaker

A/n: I know Winter's in here now, but I love this edit.

Winter POV

Three hours, and a bloody nose from being interrogated, later I suddenly realize something.

"The formal."

"What?" Derek asks, looking over.

"The dance at school. It's going on right now."

"Who were you going to go with?"

"I have no idea. Probably myself." I admit.

"Sounds...boring."

"Mhm. You know what I could go for right now?"

"I'd hate to imagine."

"Shut up, Sourwolf. I could go for a cheeseburger. Extra bacon. Curly fries..."

"You're making me hungry."

"I'm gonna bring it home and play Skyrim all night." I continue, ignoring him.

"How's your side?"

I look down at the blade's hilt, scowling.

"Well now that you said something, it hurts again."

"Yeah, well-" He stops, looking at the door.

"What?" I ask, tensing.

"Listen."

I obey and hear someone howling.

"Scott," I whisper.

Derek takes a deep breath and howls back.

○●○

The light on the table turns on, the man beside it smiles.

"Ready to have some more fun?"

"Pass," I mutter.

"To be honest, my knuckles are kind of hurting. So I brought some help." The man pulls out a baseball bat and steps up to Derek. "But I need to warn ya. I used to play in college."

He starts swinging but Derek catches it with his hand. "I brought a little help too."

The man turns and spots Scott in the doorway.

I grin as Derek punches and knocks him out.

He pulls the patch off his side and starts pulling on the cuff on his wrist.

"Scott, help me with this."

"No."

"What?" We ask together.

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter," Scott says.

"You really want to talk about this now?" Derek asks.

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them."

"So what?"

"So tell me how to stop him."

"You can't! Alright? Now-" Derek yanks on the cuff again. "We don't know when Kate's coming back, so just get me out of this right now! Get me out right now!" He snaps.

"Promise you'll help me."

"You want us to risk our lives for your girlfriend, huh? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott. You're 16 years old. You're a child."

"Maybe you're right. But I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right?"

Scott pulls out a paper with a picture of a deer, a spiral on it's side.