S1: Wolf's Bane

Winter POV

"How the heck did he talk us into doing this?" Stiles asks, looking out the back window of the Camaro at the SUV chasing us.

I look at Scott who's driving beside me, then at Stiles. "Derek needed help, we obliged."

"Faster?" Scott asks.

"Much faster." I agree.

He goes about five more miles a hour, bringing us up to seventy.

"Scoot, you're gonna need to go a little faster." I say.

"I've never driven this fast before!"

"Oh for the love-" I grumble, unclicking my seat belt and Scott's.

"What are you doing?"

"Move."

I grab the steering wheel while he slides to the middle. I crawl over him, slamming the gas pedal down when I sit again.

"Holy sh-" Scott starts, getting cut off by the wheels squealing as I floor it around the corner.

Stiles laughs maniacally in the back, Scott clutches the middle console and the door handle, and Nova barks excitedly beside Stiles.

I shift gears, getting the speed up to ninety.

"How the hell do you know how to drive like this!?" Scott shouts.

"Video games. And my dad used to have a 1968 Mustang."

"You could drive like this when you were twelve?"

"Oh yeah." I smirk.

"They're gone." Stiles calls.

I glance in the mirror, slowing down slightly.

Scott picks up a radio and hands it to Stiles.

"All units, suspect is on foot, heading into the ironworks." Uncle N's voice says.

I curse and floor it again.

○●○

Scott jumps in the back, nearly squishing Nova, as Derek runs towards us.

As soon as he shuts the door, we're off again.

"You okay?" I ask, glancing at him.

"Yeah." He rubs his eyes, blinking.

"What part of lying low don't you understand?" Scott asks from the back.

"Damn it! I had him." Derek hits the dash with a fist.

"Dude, the car." I mutter.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asks, leaning in between us.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles trails off as Derek glares at him.

"Yeah. Thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." He growls, looking back at Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott replies.

"Multiple dumbass mistakes," I grumble.

"Alright!" Stiles shouts. "How did you find him?"

Derek glances at me for a couple of seconds, then looks away and shakes his head.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, all of us." Stiles adds.