S1: Lunatic

(Finally!)

Winter POV

"Where are we going?" Scott asks as we walk into the woods a ways, me holding onto Stiles' arm so I don't face plant.

He had decided to take Scott to get drunk the night I got home from the hospital.

In the woods.

With lots of sticks and rocks to trip over.

So far I had fallen about four times. At home, on the carpet thank goodness.

"You'll see," Stiles says.

Nova runs ahead and then back to us again, tail wagging.

"'Cuz we really shouldn't be out here. My mom's in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school. Especially since Winter got hurt."

"Well, your mom isn't the sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me." Stiles replies, swirling the alcohol around the bottle.

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?"

"Yes. When your best friend gets dumped-" I start.

"I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break."

"Uh-huh. Alright, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break..." I trail off.

"You get your best friend drunk." Stiles finishes, holding up the bottle.

○●○

An hour later and Stiles lays against the rock Scott and I are sitting next to eachother on.

"Dude, you know, she's just one...one girl out of so many. There's so many other girls in the sea." Stiles mutters.

"Fish in the sea." Scott and I say.

"Fish? Why you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love 'em. I love especially ones with strawberry blonde hair, green eyes, 5'3"." Stiles grins.

I roll my eyes, watching the fire flicker in the barrel in front of us.

Nova drops a stick on my lap and whines.

I grab and chuck it into the trees, she races after it, making enough noise for an elephant.

"Like Lydia?" I ask, looking back at Stiles.

"Yeah, exactly. Hey how'd you know I was talking about...about... what was I talking about?" He grins and smacks Scott's leg. "Hey, you're not happy. Take a drink." He holds up the bottle.

"I don't want anymore." Scott mumbles.

"You're not drunk?"

"I'm not anything."

"Hey, maybe it's like... maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know? Maybe you can't get drunk. As a wolf."

"Like Captain America." I smirk, throwing the stick for Nova again.

"Exactly. Am I drunk?"

"You're wasted," Scott says.

"Yeah!" He punches the air, trying to get a smile out of Scott. "Aw, c'mon dude I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know."

I blink.

"Well, I don't know." He snickers. "But I know this. I know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse."

I tilt my head, trying to reword that so Scott could understand.

"That didn't make any sense." Stiles chuckles, grinning like an idiot. "I need a drink."