16| The Lion's den

Start from the beginning

"Forget about it. We've all had our weak times. Besides, you've always been a moody prick," Jake utters with a crooked smile and then adds with a raised eyebrow, "I think you're expected!"

I notice Jake has stopped the car and, following his gaze, I lay eyes on the most stunning woman I've ever seen. With a racing heart I open the door and get out the car.

Olivia beams a radiant smile at me as I approach her.

"Hey," she greets me shyly.

I grab her graceful hand and let her twist around to eye her properly.

Her body is covered in a white floor-length dress which has one long sleeve while the other is off shoulder and short. The high leg slit of her gown reveals her bare leg wearing simple black pumps. I can't help glaring at her deep neckline which perfectly highlights her feminine curves without exposing too much skin.

"You look absolutely stunning, baby!" I whisper into Liv's ear as I pull her close. The pleasing fragrance of her perfume rises in my nose as I brush a light kiss on her rosy cheek.

"So do you!" Olivia breathes and eyes my black suit with an impressed expression. "I never thought you'd look so good in a suit."

Her caramel-brown hair comes down over her shoulder in loose waves and frames her natural face. She has applied some nude matte lipstick which flatters her plump lips and draws my full attention as I adore her pure beauty.

"Come on, let's go!" I shoot her a charming smile and lead her to the car where I open the door for her.

I watch Olivia elegantly sliding into the backseat, and quickly walk to the other side to get in the car next to her.

"Olivia, that's Jake," I introduce her to my friend on the driver's seat and Jake turns over his shoulder and grins broadly at my girl.

"You must be the woman who managed to soften up this hard guy here," he states, and they shake hands.

Olivia chuckles cheerfully and slightly blushes as I give her a flirting wink and wrap my arm around her waist. She rests her hand on my knee, causing an excited tingle running through my body.

What this woman does to me!

After a few minutes of silence, Olivia raises her voice, "So, you're the Jake who helped Zach to trace me?"

Jake shoots her a warm smile through the rear-view mirror and nods. "Yeah. I'm glad Zach made it in time before this fucking butthole could..." He stops talking as he notices my piercing gaze on him.

I feel Olivia's body tensing up next to me, and I soothingly pull her closer. She shoots me a thankful smile and places her hand on mine resting on her hip.

"Thank you, Jake," she states lowly.

"There's nothing to thank, Olivia!" Jake retorts with a sincere smile.

The rest of the drive we have a light conversation about Jake's job as a software developer and the way he got into this whole IT stuff and Jake asks Olivia about the Diner she's working at. They seem to get along well.

About fifteen minutes later, Jake parks his Mercedes in front of the casino, and I help Olivia get out of the car. She beams at me before eying the impressive building in front of us.

"Are you nervous?" I ask and put my arm around her waist.

"A little. I've never played at the casino before," Olivia replies, lightly chuckling.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. I saw you playing yesterday and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to keep up very well," I reassure her and lead her towards the entrance.