14| Player

"LIVIE!" Hailey's voice booms through Nora's the moment I enter the bar. It's Friday night and I finally get to see my friends again. Since the thing with Terrence, I never met the whole squad and I must admit, I miss them a lot. I blow a quick kiss directed to Nora who's busy behind the bar, and with a big smile on my face I walk over to our table and plop down on the bench next to Sadie.

"You're quite late, Livie," she states and plants a quick peck on my cheek.

"I know, I'm sorry. My heating failed once again, and I had to wait for the plumber to finish his job." I roll my eyes and pull off my beige beanie. The girls nod understandingly.

"Now tell us about your boyfriend, Livie!" Abbey shoots me a teasing smile and instantly all eyes are on me. Even Nora, who overheard Abbey's last sentence, comes rushing over to our table.

And here we go!

"Boyfriend? Livie, what?" Hailey squeaks with her eyes full of excitement.

A huge smile appears on my lips and I look at my friends with glowing cheeks.

"He asked me on Monday...," I reply shyly.

"I'm so happy for you. Oh my god! You know what that means, right?" Sadie pulls me into a warm hug.

I look at her in confusion.

"As you two are official now, us gals want to see the mysterious Mister!" she explains with raised brows and then adds with a playful frown in Abbey's direction, "Besides Abigail, none of us had the honor to meet your boy yet."

"I can't wait for you all to meet him. I just don't want to scare him off right away. You know, us girls can be very crazy at times!" I retort in a joking tone and they all giggle and nod in agreement.

Nora bends over the table and kisses my forehead.

"I wish you all the luck in the world. You deserve it, love!" she states and then walks back to the bar, where some drunk guys already shoot impatient glances at her.

The evening goes by fast as we're having a great time, joking around, and talking about our lives, and the girls grill me about my first date with Zach. I happily tell them about all the sweet things Zach had arranged.

It's already 10pm when my phone rings. I grab it and spot Zach's name on the display.

I signal the girls to be quiet and pick up the phone.

"Zach?"

"Hey Livie, how's your evening so far?" I hear Zach's voice through the speaker.

"We're having a great time. How is yours?" I ask him, feeling slightly dizzy from the three gin and tonics I've already had.

"I just came back from my errands and wanted to check on you. Do you want me to pick you up later?" he asks me with a soft voice.

Earlier today, he told me he had some stuff to do and left. That was at 5pm. I wonder what took him five hours.

"You don't have to pick me up, Zach. I'm a grown-up," I reply with a chuckle.

Hailey whispers loudly, "Livie, why don't you ask him to join us for a nightcap?"

Sadie and Abbey giggle and nod enthusiastically.

"Liv, you know it's not about that," Zach says but I cut him off.

"Actually, the gals are eager to meet my handsome boyfriend," I tell him and stifle a laughter, "Wanna join us for a drink?"

I can hear a deep chuckle through my phone.