Part 11

Sammy was a lot more cheerful the next morning, surprising everyone he talked to. Wally was standing in the hall sweeping like every morning.
Sammy walked past him, but before Wally could say anything, Sammy smiled and patted the janitor on the shoulder as he walked by.
"Good morning Wally." He said, continuing to walk to the music department. Wally felt like the last brain cell he had just died.
"Do you need to see the nurse?" The janitor asked. "No, I'm great." Sammy turned and smiled for a second before continuing on his way.
"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?" Wally shouted. Jack poked his head out into the hall. "What's wrong?" He asked.
"That! Sammy just smiled and said happy things!!!" Wally yelled in bewilderment. Jack froze for a second.
"Are you lying?" He asked. "No!" Wally seemed a bit frustrated. "Why doesn't anyone believe me when I'm telling them that Norman did something and now Sammy's suddenly a normal human being!?!" Wally asked.
"I believe you Walls, just stop having a panic attack okay?" Jack poked his best friend's shoulder. Wally sighed. "I'm going to get severe brain damage from everyone hear, and that's especially including myself." Wally said.
Jack laughed. "If you can give yourself brain damage just from how you act, I wonder how I don't have any brain damage, I mean, I spend some of the workday in my office, and most of it either in the break room talking to you, or you'll come to my office to talk." Jack said.
"Because you're my favourite person to talk to." Wally grinned. "Anyways, I have to get to working so, I'll see you later." Jack waved goodbye and walked down the hall to his department.
Wally stared after him, a dazed smile coming over his face as he let himself get lost in thought. Norman came down the hall to go to the projectionists booth and saw the janitor staring down the hall.
He waved his hand in front of his face. "Earth to Wally!" He said with a laugh. "Huh?" Wally stood straight and glanced at Norman.
"What were you just thinking about?" Norman asked. "N-nothin!" Wally spluttered quickly, face going red.
Norman raised an eyebrow but decided not to question him. "What did ya do to Sammy?" Wally asked. Norman tilted his head.
"Why, is he okay?" He asked worriedly. Wally rolled his eyes. "Of course he's okay, he's never been better, that's what I'm confused about. He's suddenly so friendly and talkative and smiley and cheerful, what did ya do to him?" The janitor asked with a glare.
"I have simply established a trust with him and now we are best friends." Norman said. Of course it wasn't as simple as that but that was technically what happened.
"Oh...okay then." Wally said. "I mean...it'll just be weird I guess, with Y'know, Sammy not being Sammy." The janitor explained.
"But better, it better for him and the people around him." Norman said. "Yeah I know, and I'm happy for him, but if he's turned 100% positive, I'm outta here." Wally said.
"Alright then, I'll see you later Wally." Norman said, walking down the hall. He entered the staircase to his booth and climbed up.
The tall man sat down at his desk and turned to the broken projector he was currently trying to fix. But before he grabbed his tools, he noticed a white envelope on the top of his projector.
His name was written on it in neat curvy writing. The curious projectionist cautiously picked it up and opened it.
Norman,
I just wanted to thank you for getting me out of the depressed and lonely state I was, and I'm super happy to call you my friend.
I'm sorry I was so difficult and rude towards you when we first met, and I hope that didn't hurt you're feelings at all.
If it did I'm very sorry and I would've talked to you in person but I'm super busy today and don't want Joey to get mad at me so by the time you're reading this, I'll have written it last night.
Anyways, thank you so much for everything and I want you to know that I fully trust you and hope to get to know you better as the days go on here at the studio.
-Sammy.
Norman placed the letter back down and grinned from ear to ear. "He does fully trust me." Norman smiled to himself.
He gazed out at the room as the band started filing in. As Sammy was instructing them on a new song, everyone raised eyebrows at his cheerfulness.
The lights were flicked off and the projector turned on. After a minute of the band playing, Norman's gaze drifted to Sammy who was paying attention to how good the band was doing.
Sammy looked over all the piece he taught and smiled to himself. He loved music and was happy he could share his knowledge of it to any one else who wanted to learn.
He felt like someone was watching him. Sammy turned towards the projector booth and locked eyes with Norman.
Norman blushed and instantly turned away, pretending nothing had happened. Sammy tilted his head in confusion. The musician just shrugged to himself and returned his gaze on the band.
Norman ran his fingers through his hair. Why was he just staring at Sammy like that? The musician probably thought he was weird now.
Norman glanced at Sammy again. He couldn't tear his eyes away for some reason, that soft looking blonde hair, those ocean blue eyes he could get lost in forever.
Sammy turned back around, catching Norman staring at him again. The projectionist was so lost in thought he didn't notice yet.
Sammy grew a bit uncomfortable and just looked away. He'd ask Norman what was wrong after.