12

It was another usual day at work. I came in early since I had a few extra documents to go through. Emma of all people had to also come in early that day. I just avoided her like usual although she had no intention to do the same. For some reason, she found every opportunity possible to make conversation with me. Of course, I didn't give it a second thought and left if it wasn't related to work which it never was.

'Hey, Milan. Your outfit... looks nice!' Emma calls out to me, her face telling me something different. She looks me up and down, judgementally. It was so obvious, she didn't even attempt to hide it. I wasn't about to be flattered by her backhanded compliments anyway.

As I make my way back to my office, I put my mind completely on my work for once instead of thinking about other things going on in my life. I hated how much my mind was consumed by all the bad things happening in my life, maybe I should just try to keep it out of my mind instead of welcoming them in.

Maria barges into my office, as dramatically as she could.

'You're not getting out of it this time!' She shouts as she storms over to my desk, taking a seat. She's been asking me ever since the news came out about Emilio and Emma and won't let it go. I've managed to dodge her questions a couple of times but I don't think she'll stop until she gets an answer.

'Get out of what?' I ask, cluelessly as I look up at her.

'Don't try that on me...' She glares as I laugh at how dramatic she is.

'He's a friend.' I roll my eyes and look back at my computer screen to continue my work.

'So I guess it's normal to run off to your 'friends' when you hear they have a girlfriend?' She says sarcastically.

'I would, wouldn't you?' I say, also sarcastically. I tilt my head, trying to hold in my laugh as I watched her get even more frustrated.

'Milan! I already know, you might aswell tell me. You like him, don't you?' She asks. It seems like such a simple question, yet to me there wasn't one answer to it all. Or wasn't a no or a yes... I wasn't sure what the answer was myself.

'Did you forget I have a fiancé?' I remind her, hoping she'll drop the subject by now. Maybe I was the one who forget they had a fiancé.

'Explain why you went to him that day.' Maria asks one last time.

'As he's a friend, I expect him to tell me that he has a girlfriend. There's no reason to keep it from me, as a friend.' I lie, knowing she wouldn't drop the subject unless I gave her some sort of explanation.

'Hmm, fair enough. Wanna go grab coffee?' She says, accepting my answer and it almost made me giggle how easy it was to convince her just then.

We both get up to go to the kitchen, when we were ambushed at the door. A crowd of reporters and employees from other departments crowded around the entire office.

'What's going on?' Maria says, shocked at the amount of people crowded in the building.

'It's probably an Emma thing.' I respond as we both head to the kitchen, laughing it off.

'Guys!' Ron comes screaming in our direction once again.

'You'll never guess who it is!' He screams again, evidently excited.

'Who?' I ask, looking over at Maria to see if she knew what he was talking about.

'Emilio! Emilio Estrada and Emma!' He lets out before running off just like last time.

Maria's eyes shoot to me. I don't look at her. In fact, I don't do anything. I carry on drinking my coffee like I didn't hear a thing Ron said.

'Aren't you gonna go say hello to your 'friend'?' She quotes as she continues to stare at me.