18

'How do you know her?' I look back at Sebastian and ask him.

'Uh, She- I know her through business.' Business. It's always that one fucking excuse. Business. He must think I'm a complete air head to not realise something was up just from the way he spoke.

'I need to get back to the others.' I tell him before walking off as April and Sebastian watch. But instead of actually going back to the party, I stood behind a wall, hidden, so that they wouldn't see me.

'Why would you come to me when I'm with her!?' He screams as quietly as possible.

I quickly pull out my phone to record what was going on since I couldn't fully see myself but also because I had my suspicions. I see her taking a few steps closer to him before wrapping her arms around his neck.

'How long do you expect me to share you with that bitch?' She runs her hands all over his body.

'Don't call her that...'

'Great. He can defend me. He must be fiancé of the year.' I roll my eyes as I continue to record them.

'Whatever... I'm happy you came tonight.' She ignores what he says as she leans in for a kiss. This was the moment that really decided it all.

Before I knew it, their hands were everywhere and their lips stayed on each other as if they craved one another. Out of everything that I've found out over the past months, seeing this hurt the most. Seeing the way they looked at each other with nothing but love hit me the most. My hands were becoming shaky as tears swelled in my eyes. The phone slips out of my hand. I froze for a second, scared they might have noticed it, and my first instinct was to pick up the phone and run.

I just ran, not only from them but from my own feelings. I really wish I didn't have to see that. I ran through the crowds of people and out the door. I couldn't stay here any longer, not after seeing what I just saw. After managing to get out of the house, I trip on my heels and fall to the floor.

I didn't care how I looked right now. I stayed on the dirty concrete and let myself go for a bit. A tingling sensation began burning in my knees as I felt it start to bleed but I didn't care. I sat on that cold floor, crying my eyes out under the dark sky.

'Milan...' He calls out from behind me, I knew who it was instantly. I wipe my tears, not wanting him to see me this way.

'You were right.' I say, as I get up and continue wiping my face. 'About what, baby?' He asks as he approaches me slowly.

'It wasn't Emma.'

'Is that why you were crying?' He places his hands onto either sides of my face but I refused to look up at him.

'I wasn't crying.' I say as I begin to walk away. I knew my makeup was a mess by now. Mascara running down my cheeks, my foundation smudged, my hands and knees were bleeding, I can't let him see me like this.

'Don't walk away from me... Again.' I stopped as soon as I heard him. Despite what I looked like, I turned around and pulled him close to me. He held onto me tighter than ever before. We both hold on to each other, taking in the moment. His head laid in between my shoulder and neck as mine rested on his chest. We stood there, in the middle of the empty street, clinging to one another.

He pulls away as he looks me up and down.

'Shit... Does it hurt?' He notices my knees through my ripped dress, smeared in dirt and blood. He picks me up as he walks me to his car, with his driver waiting inside.

'Take me to my place.' He instructs as he places me inside the car, sitting beside me.

'Your hands to?' He looks down at my hands before picking them up to see how bad it was.