Chapter 36: Enemies Unseen

Start from the beginning

At this point, little troops were left. So, to finish things off, Ryan threw another shuriken into the air, this time making the weapon's 8 sides split apart and automatically chase the final 8 enemies.

As they attempted to escape or defend themselves, the shuriken's blades pierced all of them through their skulls simultaneously.

(Y/n) looked over at his friend with a surprised expression. It wasn't the first time he'd seen Ryan make such quick work of his opposition. Though, it never ceased to amaze him.

"That was a little easier than I expected." Ryan shrugged, running a hand through his hair. Suddenly, a blast hit him in the back, knocking him forwards and rolling across the ground.

(Y/n) spun around, coming face to face with a shot of energy barrelling towards him. He raised an arm to take the brunt of the blast, making him skid back a couple meters.

When he moved his slightly burnt arm to the side, he could gain sight of a man in the same white armour as the others. Though, this specific person had a much more defined mask covering his head, along with more blue covering the plating of his chest.

"You're in my way." The man stated, swiping his hand in front of him and launching an arc of energy towards (Y/n).

As The Cosmo Wolf made to retaliate, Ryan moved in front of him, blocking the wave with his arm blades, and throwing the energy away at his sides.

"This is my arc. Stop taking my spotlight." (Y/n) complained, moving to stand at Ryan's side.

"Hey, I'm enjoying myself. Stop bitching." Ryan narrowed his eyes. The two then looked up at their next opponent, unable to read his emotions or motives.

"What do you want?" (Y/n) questioned, and took a step forward.

"Destruction." The man pounced off the spot, moving backwards at a high speed as he made to escape. The other two quickly followed after him. Ryan grappled between buildings, and (Y/n) blinked across objects to gain momentum.

"Who the hell is this guy?" (Y/n) questioned.

"I don't know, man. Probably has some weird villain name." Ryan mumbled.

Sam's POV

I'd thought about making a move to stop the guys that blew up the office building, but apparently (Y/n) had it covered. I hadn't even seen him in the area until he'd caught the structure a mere second before it hit the ground. Gotta give it to the kid. He's still got skill.

The masked guy that'd been there first didn't have it under control at all. He looked strong, just not stopping a building collapse type of strong.

None of us really saw (Y/n) anymore. Not me, not Steve, not Natasha. Wanda was the only one that really talked with him anymore. She says it's just friendly meet ups and chats, but we're not idiots.

I still couldn't help but wonder how (Y/n) was doing after the Avengers fell apart. In the few times we had talked with him, you'd almost never hear any mention of Tony from him. Any time we said his name, he'd ignore it, almost like the name was silent to his ears.

In fact, the only people from Tony's side that he'd ever speak of were Vision and whoever the hell 'Peter' was. Well, according to him was the kid in the red suit, but that wasn't something I remembered off the top of my head.

Either way, it didn't matter at the moment. I needed to go report back to Steve. If (Y/n) was smart, he'd be able to deal with things by himself. Or with his friend, of course.

And so, I began walking off.

A/N: I'd just like to make it known, these chapters probably won't be incredibly long in comparison to the other chapters I've written. This is mainly because I don't expect this arc to last too long, and therefore don't want just a few huge chapters that take ages to write. I'd rather get to posting 1000+ word chapters every 3 or so days just so the book isn't going ages without updates.

Also, I remember seeing one, maybe two comments about if I would write a lemon at some point. Now, that's entirely up to you, readers. I have no plans to just throw down any lemon without first getting feedback on if it's wanted or not. And also I expect I'm pretty shit at writing them, so keep that in mind.

TL;DR: 100+ word chapters should be out every few days, and just give me a heads up if you'd want a lemon at all.

Have a lovely day, everyone!