Chapter 29: Containment Breach

A/N: Now, I know it has been a while since this has happened, and since it has been so worldwide, but may Chadwick Boseman rest in peace. The man was incredibly talented for all he did while fighting cancer, and I don't think there's a person you could have ever respected more.

Y/N's POV

I sat silently in my seat. At this point I was somewhere in Berlin, and I was by myself. When we had been captured and taken in, Bucky was placed in some sort of containment box and taken for interrogation. I had no clue where Sam and Steve were, and I didn't really care where the other guy was. I was just sat in an office, people walking by the see through glass walls and not acknowledging my presence. They'd taken my weapons, too. Though it wasn't a problem. I'd just take them back with my powers. The door finally made a movement; Tony striding in with somewhat of an odd aura about him. It was the aura of fake happiness, or at least something similar.

"Are you comfortable? Could I get you a cup of tea? Coffee?" Tony made a poor attempt to lighten the mood, leading to me just narrowing my eyes.

"Cut the bullshit. Tell me what you're actually thinking." I got straight to the point, seeing Tony's expression distort. He sighed before walking over, pulling up a chair at the other end of the table I was sat at. After sitting down, he looked down at the desk for a few moments, then looked me in my eyes.

"Why?" He asked in an almost sad way. "Why didn't you just stay at the compound?"

"Because." I began, tapping my fingers and glancing at a passing man who seemed to be reading some sort of note. "I couldn't just sit there when there's stuff like this happening. It's not in my nature to just sit back and let everyone else run around." I put a hand over my face, a feeling of stress hitting me. Tony seemed to notice, too.

"Y/N, I'm not mad at you. I'm disappointed in you, but I'm not mad." The sound of metal dropping onto the table made me look across at him. It was a little confusing when I saw him place down my guns and sword on the desk, pushing them over to me. "All I ask is that you listen to me next time. If I hadn't verbally fought with Secretary Ross earlier, there's a good chance you'd be in cuffs."

"I understand." I nodded, biting my tongue as I heard Dad speak the devil's name. He nodded to me before standing up, moving to leave the room but pausing.

"And Ross wants you to go keep an eye on the Winter Soldier while he's interviewed." Tony stated, looking at me over his shoulder before leaving. Why did he want me to go watch? If anything wouldn't literally anyone else be better for this?

3rd Person POV

You sat in the corner of the room, feeling very uncomfortable as you would look at Bucky every now and then. It felt unnerving to see your old friend being kept in confinement like this. The only other person in the room was the interviewer who seemed to be looking at some papers in front of him.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes." The man began in what you were thinking was a Russian accent. The man gave a small and easily missed glance in your direction before continuing. "I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you. Do you mind at all?" Bucky gave no response, and you unconsciously began to bite your thumb. It felt weird to be overseeing something like this. But, you were told to only speak if spoken to. "I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions." The interviewer stated, flicking through his papers. "Do you know where you are, James?" Bucky still gave no response. "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James." There was a small inhale from Bucky before he finally responded.

"My name is Bucky." He said hoarsely.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal haven't you?" The man finished writing something down. The question made you raise an eyebrow, but you forced yourself not to say anything.