Chapter 24: Crossbones

2nd Person POV

There was indistinct chatter around the cafe that you were currently in. You were supposed to be undercover, yet made no attempts to do so other than being dressed in casual clothing. You sat at one end of a table with tea in your left hand.

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asked over the comms as you sipped your drink.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda answered, looking over at two cops outside. You spared a glance at her, seeing her just a few tables away.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve looked out of a window, examining the area.

"It means you can withdraw cash." You said quietly, stretching and placing an arm on the table. "There's cameras." You answered the question, looking out at the road. "And both cross streets are one way."

"Compromised escape routes." Wanda turned her head in your direction.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve stated. "You see that Range Rover halfway up the block." Both you and Wanda looked towards the car that Steve was talking about.

"The red one? It's cute." Wanda scanned the vehicle with her eyes.

"Too bulky for my taste." You glanced back to your tea.

"Not everyone manages to swindle Stark into buying them a Lambo for their birthday." Natasha turned to look at you from nearby. You said you were gonna do it, and you did. Now you had an Aventador that you rarely ever drove. "And plus, that Rover is bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda quizzed, raising her drink to her mouth.

"I'm quite aware of that, yes. But did you know that I can teleport and shapeshift?" You tilted your head with a hint of pride.

"Yes." Both Nat and Wanda said in unison.

"You know that they named a candy after you, right?" Sam said, walking along a roof.

"They did? What candy?" You felt a spark of joy suddenly well up inside of you.

"Airheads." Sam held back a chuckle. You paused, having a double take of what he just said.

"Excuse me?" You squinted warily.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve quickly ordered, getting us back to focusing on the mission. "This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"Doesn't sound like much of a problem if he sees us coming. He sorta hates us." You said drily, looking across the table you were sat at.

"I'd say it's a lot more than just 'sorta'." Pietro lowered his newspaper, looking at you from his end of the wooden table. You shrugged in agreement. For the next minute or two Sam checked a garbage truck with his drone, scanning it for Rumlow.

"Cap, that truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." Sam stated. A feeling of dread slowly crept over you, along with realisation.

"Battering ram?" You looked between the other three nearby, standing to your feet immediately.

"Now! Go now!" Steve ordered urgently, causing you to knock over your chair, a few people looking at you as you ran for the door.

"What?" Pietro questioned, also standing up as he was about to follow.