Chapter 36: Enemies Unseen

3rd Person POV

Ryan lunged on top of a flipped car. He was invisible, making sure he didn't instantly get shot down by being in the open. Near 15 to 20 men were scattered around ahead of him. Their appearance seeming almost futuristic, as the white armour plating that covered them had neon blue lights between them.

Silently jumping down off the vehicle, Ryan slowly approached one of the nearby men as he stepped behind a second car and out of sight of his team. Then with one hasty action, Ryan moved behind him and pierced him through the back using his wrist blades.

The male had no time to even scream before he dropped dead on the road, allowing Ryan to move on to his next victim. A group of three men began wandering off on their own, and were quickly taken down as Ryan threw three 8 point shurikens into their skulls, dropping them instantly.

Ryan sprinted forwards at the next enemy, extending an arm blade on top of his forearm and slamming it up through the head and throat of his victim in an uppercut motion. When he retracted the blade, the body fell limp, and he turned to the next man, preparing to battle him, too.

Suddenly, a blue explosion hit the man in his shoulder, blowing his arm out of place and sending him smashing through a nearby bar's window.

(Y/n) glided down to the ground, attracting their attention in an instant after his attack. Their weapons quickly left their holsters on their waists and backs, finding themselves aimed at their target.

"You guys don't seriously think you stand a chance, right? I just sent one of your moon knight looking friends through a fucking window and you think you'll do better?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow at the actions of them. The men ignored the remark. Instead, deciding to open fire with blue shots of energy that looked quite similar to (Y/n)'s own technique.

With one smooth motion, (Y/n) back flipped over the shots in a diagonal motion. Unlatching a pistol from his waist and firing a shot into the middle of the group. A second explosion went off between them, knocking them apart and essentially making it easier to pick them off.

Ryan uncloaked himself, and he speedily walked over to (Y/n).

"Those guns are awesome." Ryan admired the weapon he held.

"Kind of a badass. Aren't I " (Y/n) smirked, beginning to slowly walk forward. He placed the gun back in its holster, then summoned his sword.

A few men were up on their feet by the time he had started approaching but none had the time to react as two were instantly beheaded, and once the rest were on their feet, the slaughter began.

(Y/n) dashed forward, stabbing one through the heart. Then dragged his blade through the man's ribs, slashing out of his body and flinging a single rib through a second guy's eye socket.

One of the men seemed to go unseen as he came from behind. As he raised his gun to fire on (Y/n) a bullet went straight through his skull, and (Y/n) moved his pistol away from its original position: aimed behind him.

"Duck!" Ryan yelled, causing (Y/n) to instantly crouch. Just a second later, a kunai rope dart moved over him, stabbing into another man and pulling him towards Ryan.

Ryan reeled the kunai back to him at a high speed, cutting through the opponent attached to it using his arm blade. He tugged the kunai away from the man and began spinning it around at his side. A shot came his way, but he blocked it with the blade in his free arm, then countered by launching the kunai at the assailant. The weapon went straight through his chest, and left him wide open to be cut down by (Y/n).