Chapter 38: Regrouping

2nd Person POV

"Less than an hour ago, the terrorist known as Tyrant was seen battling two unnamed heroes in London. He was pushed back to here: London Bridge. But clearly these heroes were way out of their league." The reporter motioned to the heavily damaged bridge behind him.

"Did these 'heroes' make things worse? Or could this attack have been more critical?" The reporter placed two fingers in his ear, hearing his higher ups beginning to tell him more information.

"We've just got word that one of these men have been identified. The name of one of these heroes: (Y/N) (L/N). Also known as the ex Avenger: Cosmo Wolf. After the explosion, both (Y/N) and his partner were sent into the river, and none of the three men responsible have been spotted yet. BBC News. Back to the studio." Wanda shut off her tv after the man finished his speech. She couldn't decide if she was scared, sad or pissed off.

How could you go into that battle without her?

A knock came from the door, and she paused before swinging her legs off the bed, standing and walking over to the door. She turned the handle, pulling the door open to find who was visiting. It was definitely a surprise.

Both you and Sam stood in the doorway, holding up Ryan between you both. His hair was soaked and he looked light-headed.

"Hope you're not busy. Kind of need a place to leave these two." Sam stated, looking at Ryan and you. Wanda looked at you with a worried expression, then moved out of the way so the three of you could enter.

Sam walked Ryan over to one of the four seats in the dining area, placing him down and lightly tapping his shoulder to make sure he was alright.

"Hey, man. You good?" Sam asked, checking he was still conscious.

"Not every day that you almost drown to death." Ryan muttered, leaning back and closing his eyes as he tried to calm the pounding in his head.

"Just what the hell were you doing out there? I saw the news." Wanda asked suspiciously, but sternly.

"What a stupid question. If you saw the news then I'm assuming you know what I was doing." You crossed your arms. Wanda narrowed her eyes, then caught you off guard by driving her foot into your shin. You yelped from the sudden pain, and fell down to one knee.

"Don't be so smug, you ass. I wanna know why there's now a destroyed landmark." Wanda crossed her arms this time. You bit your tongue, rising back to your feet at a slow pace.

"There's no need to be so violent, my lovely, lovely Wanda." You pouted. Then you were back on the ground as another kick hit your opposite shin. "Why!?"

"I'm so sorry. My reflexes just seem to activate on their own whenever you act like an ass." Wanda placed a hand over her mouth in fake shock.

"Just sounds like you want to hurt me. Never thought I'd end up in such an abusive relationship." You joked. There was a glint in her eye; you could see it quite clearly. It was invisible frustration. As if she wanted to do so many things at the moment, yet knew she couldn't because of the fact there were guests.

"Calm down. Didn't you get enough of me earlier, miss?" You couldn't help but unconsciously move a rogue strand of hair out of her face, moving it back behind her ear.

"You mean when you randomly said 'damn, I gotta go', then just got up from bed and left?" She tilted her head.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, pretty much." You nodded your head. Besides the fact that you quite literally drowned, you'd say it was worth it that you left. After all, a lot more damage could've happened. Though, you still didn't know what had happened to your weapon and how it detonated.

"In bed?" Ryan mumbled aloud, now seeming drowsy. Wanda very slowly turned to look over at him, and he spared her a small glance. She then turned back to you at the same sluggish speed, a very clear and bright blush across her face.

"I-I, uh... yeah." Wanda awkwardly looked between everyone at a quick pace, then turned and walked away to the kitchen area at a brisk pace. You decided to use the rest of your time to chat with Ryan about the situation.

You walked over to him and Sam, taking a third seat near them.

"Ryan, how did you even..." You began thinking of the words.

"How did I get my ass kicked, even though you clearly had it worse? Yeah, it's not fun trying to swim to safety when you bash your head on rubble." Ryan stated, turning to Sam.

"Luckily, someone was apparently nearby and decided to save me." He shrugged, and Sam nodded to him.

"How did you guys suddenly end up so outmatched?" Sam questioned, resting on the arm of the chair.

"We weren't. The battle was going fine. We were in the runnings for the win, but when I blocked a shot from that gun, the energy- or substance of whatever was in the weapon, it got caught in my blade. Then it just started charging up and turning my sword into a makeshift bomb." You explained, reaching for your sword from your belt, then pausing. You stood up and looked down at your waste. No sword. You never remembered to retrieve it after you recovered. In fact, it could be good knows where after the force of the explosion.

"Don't go having a panic attack, (Y/N)." Ryan reached down into his jacket, retrieving his arm with the hilt of a sword, then the blade of a sword. He held the weapon out to you.

"I managed to grab it from the bottom of the river when it sank." Ryan told you. You took the weapon from his hand with visible happiness.

"Now to figure out what the hell happened." You mumbled, examining the blade of the weapon. While it was true that it conducted your own powers, that was because it was designed specifically for you. Even if Tyrant's weapons used a similar looking thing, it was without a doubt different.

"For a start off, you dropped it. You should take better care of your things." Ryan rubbed his face, nonchalantly throwing out a joke.

"Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan!" You replied in record time. Seeing an odd expression from Sam. "Oh, I forgot you don't do 4th wall breaks."

"If this... energy managed to hit your sword, would it have activated some sort of conductor the same way your powers do when you use them from the blade?" Wanda walked back over, a glass of water in her hand as she asked the question.

"No. This sword is bonded with my powers only. It wouldn't matter if the energy was made to replicate my powers, which it isn't. Even if it was, it just wouldn't work. It's not the original." You tried to make your explanation sound sensible.

"Well, what about the metal? Maybe it had something to do with that." Wanda placed her glass down on a small table before sitting down in the final chair.

"It could be." You agreed, running a finger along the blade.

"No. That couldn't be possible. I blocked shots, too. Nothing happened to my arm blades. That takes away two metals that it could be, and therefore takes away the chance it could be the material of your sword since it also has one of those metals." Ryan shut the idea down.

"Wait. What is your equipment made out of?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

"Vibranium and Adamantium." Ryan answered, glancing at his left arm which still withheld both his arm blade and wrist blade.

"Either way, we can't spend too much time thinking about just this. We need to find where Tyrant went." You switched the subject. There was still so much mystery as to what the guy's intentions were.

"Don't need to. I already did." Sam leant forward, tapping something on his arm, then swiping forward. A hologram of a warehouse showed up for everyone to see, and you noticed it was a recording from Sam's redwing drone.

"I was planning on going back to Steve, but things started to heat up a little, so I stuck around. After the bridge blew up, I sent out redwing to follow Tyrant while I helped Ryan. He pinpointed Tyrant's location, here." Sam pointed to the warehouse. He swiped his hand, and the hologram dissipated.

"Okay, then why are we waiting?" You raised an eyebrow, causing everyone to turn to face you. So you finished.

"Let's go lynch this jackass."