Chapter 88: Our Reality

"You should take my power like you took our other copy's." Hex (Y/N) offered since he was going to die either way. The two walked behind Wanda, Tommy, and Billy as they all made their way back to the house. The borders of Westview had already started to shrink.

"Hell no. Those kids aren't mine, they're yours. You're gonna be there with them before this world collapses, end of discussion." (Y/N) told him firmly.

"Then at least let me give you something." Hex (Y/N) paused, making (Y/N) do the same. Hex (Y/N) outstretched a hand, stopping and waiting for a moment. (Y/N) nodded for him to continue, and he did so.

Hex (Y/N) lightly touched his superior self's head, putting a rush of memories into his mind like what had happened back in the funnel cake truck. (Y/N) now had all the memories of the hex so he didn't feel as left out as he originally did.

"There. Now it hopefully won't feel like I've stolen her from you for the last week or so." Hex (Y/N) smiled cheerfully. (Y/N) could see everything from his perspective now.

"You're telling me she wore a Halloween costume of that outfit and was surprised to find out that-" (Y/N)'s head turned back and forth between himself and Wanda. How do you manage to create your own costume that looks exactly like the real one you've never seen?

"That's a good point." Hex (Y/N) agreed. Wanda looked from the corner of her eye at the two, curious to what they were talking about. Another thought struck (Y/N)'s copy after a mental recap.

"How did you use the Mind Stone earlier?" He recounted the beaming yellow eyes and the ability to literally brain freeze people.

"I don't know to be honest. The stones all just chill in my mentality at this point. They appear and disappear when they please which is annoying." (Y/N) would rarely ever be spoken to by them unless it was a certain situation.

"My apologies we've been told to stay quiet." Cosmo huffed, making him raise an eyebrow and focus on his mind.

"Told to stay quiet by who?" He asked.

"Era." She answered. (Y/N) narrowed his eyes, unaware that his hex self was staring at him in confusion.

"Could you pass on a message to him for me?"

"What?"

"'Fuck you'. Okay, thanks." (Y/N) shook his head as he slowly began to recognise he was being talked to.

"Do you always zone out like that? Is that something we do?" Hex (Y/N) questioned, causing (Y/N) to sigh at the question.

"Sometimes." He responded.

"Can you promise me something?" Hex (Y/N) said in a more serious voice than he had been using (Y/N) locked eyes with him as he wondered what it was.

"What is it?"

"Protect her once I'm gone. From what I've just watched, she can without a doubt do that herself... but you can never be too sure." The clone looked down at the pavement with a small smile on his face. (Y/N) was somewhat heartwarmed by the plea.

"I will."

"Okay, hop in." Wanda tucked Billy into his bed while hex (Y/N) did the same with Tommy. (Y/N) had gone to who knows where while the "real parents" said goodbye to their kids. He was adamant that no children belonged to him and that nobody would convince him otherwise.

"Big day today." Hex (Y/N) seated himself at the bottom of the bed. Tommy lightly held his hand, happy that things were over. "Your mother and I..." Hex (Y/N) glanced over at Wanda and she looked back at him. The two paused. "We're very proud of you both."