Chapter 78: Get Out

After a long day of football and avoiding Natasha's rage, the team went back indoors. Most of them went to their respective hobbies and some talked to each other. (Y/N) went down to the hangars to check on the new kid.

When he entered into the open room, Ian was still sweeping the floors.

"Hey, man." (Y/N) stepped down the stairs at a slow pace. Ian looked over and waved at him, halting his cleaning duties for the time.

"Hi." He said awkwardly.

"You know... just because Tony said you had to do this doesn't mean you have to do it for hours on end." (Y/N) looked at him with a smirk.

"You wouldn't tell him if I stopped?" Ian looked at him in confusion.

"Nope." (Y/N) laughed, offering his fist out. Ian looked at him with a raised eyebrow, then realised what he was doing. Ian thrust out his hand into a fist bump, feeling a sudden jolt of energy run through him as he came into contact with (Y/N). Suddenly it felt like his senses had been dialled all the way up. Or like they had been dulled before now.

"Where am I?" Ian's head spun around, much to (Y/N)'s confusion. "This place is supposed to have been destroyed." He realised he was in the Avengers compound. Their old home. He dropped the sweeping brush as he tried to understand the situation.

"What are you talking about?" (Y/N) said in a monotone. Ian looked at him in a sudden rush of fear.

"You... you're supposed to be dead. The... the other Maximoff is supposed to be dead. What is this place?" Ian unintentionally struck a nerve after saying such things so calmly. He began to rant on about what was happening around him and what it was supposed to be in reality. His voice stopped when he saw the swirling blue energy around (Y/N)'s hands, accompanied by the ice blue colour in his eyes.

"Who are you?" (Y/N)'s claws slowly reached out at his sides. Ian instinctively began to back up. He tripped over the broom and fell onto his back, crawling away as (Y/N) continued to close the distance with an enraged look in his eyes.

"I'm- I-" Ian stammered before he was swiped across the chest by (Y/N)'s claws. The attack didn't reach his skin but it shredded his coat and shirt. A warning for him to answer the question.

"I was hired by Sword and Hayward! I got sucked into this place." Ian said in a panic, covering his face as (Y/N) paused. What did Hayward want with him? He already told him his last few loved ones were dead. Did he want to come and say it again?

"Get out."

"What did you do?!" Monica shouted at Hayward. Not only had he overridden her controls of the drone, he'd had it secretly stashed with weapons, attempting to fire at Wanda. He was daring to call her the threat? The cameras had gone offline and alarms blared. What the hell ha she just caused?

"Breach! Breach!" An agent yelled from across the room. The entire room was thrown into a panic and began flooding out of the tent. SUVs and armed men held their ground on the grass just outside the barrier of Westview. Hayward and Monica stood in front of them, while Woo and Darcy stood behind them.

The static barrier rippled and pulsed, giving nobody a sense of comfort as the agents kept their guns up. Within a few seconds, Wanda stormed out of her hex, dragging the damaged missile behind her. The weapon sparked as her powers glowed from the metal.

"Is this yours?" She flung the missile over to Hayward's feet. It laid there with the buzzing and fizzing of electric coming from its insides.

"The missile was just a precaution." Hayward told her. "You can hardly blame us, Wanda."