Chapter 53: Hype Man

2nd Person POV

You were the first out of Strange's house, museum, artifact gallery. You didn't care what it was, you were out of it and watching as men and women ran past you. Papers flew through the air accompanied by dust, very nearly hitting you a few times.

Tony followed just behind you, stopping to help people every now and again. He tried to keep close to you, not wanting to be separated like before.

Strange and Loki quickly joined the two of you while Bruce and Wong started helping hurt civilians.

"Hey, doc! You might wanna put that Time Stone in your back pocket." Tony called out to Strange as you paused and him paused at a corner.

"Might wanna use it." Strange argued, starting to form magic around his arms. The wind was picking up from around the corner you were stationed at, causing items to blow down the street. The roaring of a ship was now completely audible, and the four of you ran down the road, starting to have trouble seeing because of the dust being kicked up.

"Oh, that's not good." You mumbled, having to shield your eyes so you didn't get anything in them. Strange stepped forward, pushing all the dust away and into the sky, making the giant ring shaped ship a little easier to see.

"Thank you." You said gratefully, now being able to actually open your eyes fully. Strange winked, making Tony scoff and you smirk. Loki didn't even understand the gesture.

A beam of light shot down from the ship, landing on the ground ahead of everyone. The light dissipated as quickly as it showed up, leaving Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian.

"Who are these guys?" Tony asked quietly.

"We've had a little run in with them already." Loki exhaled, not expecting this to be an easy fight. Banner and Wong quickly met from behind you guys, and you stepped forward first.

"Hear me and rejoice." Maw began, just like he did earlier. "You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos." You narrowed your eyes at him. You'd landed a clean strike on this guy already. Given, you had the element of surprise, but you still did it.

Cull didn't seem to speak English. Instead, he spoke some alien language that none of you had heard before. The weapon he held looked none to fun, taking the form of a pickaxe in his hands.

"Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing the balance-" Maw tried to finish, but was cut off.

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here." Tony jumped in, having had enough of the alien's words. Maw looked at Tony in frustration, upset that he'd just been cut off.

"Stonekeeper." Maw caught Strange's attention. "Does this chattering animal speak for you?" He asked.

"Certainly not. I speak for myself." Strange activated his Eldritch magic shields on each hand, showing he was more than happy to fight if he had to. "You're trespassing in this city and on this planet." Wong did the same as Strange.

"He's telling you to fuck off." You called out, catching Maw's attention.

"Ah, Space Stone Keeper. I see you survived. That turncoat, too." Maw spat, glaring at Loki who met his eyes with defiance. You extended your claws on each hand, then allowed energy to seep from your body into a swirling aura.

"It takes more to kill me than a swing and a stab. Where's Thanos and my Infinity Stone?" You snarled. You'd love to get your hands on the Mad Titan again.

Maw ignored your question, ordering Cull to take the stone and bring it to him. The bigger alien continued speaking in some foreign language, stabbing his weapon into the ground for a moment, then starting to approach.