Chapter 2: Helicarrier

3rd Person POV

The quinjet soared above the ocean, the pilots flicking switches as they went on, one agent/fanboy was sat down same as the other two passengers. You were a little sceptical about if you should've accepted the offer at first, but now you were glad you did. The quinjet was pretty cool, not that you'd need it if you wanted to travel, you could just teleport, or if push came to shove you could open portals or use energy to fly.

You looked out the front of the jet from your seat, watching the ocean waves and the clouds. It was quite relaxing actually.

"So, how'd you end up here?" Your passenger and first teammate asked. Turning your head to the side, you looked at the blonde individual sat next to you. Captain America... the man out of time. You thought. Not a bad team so far.

"Was mind controlled by HYDRA 7 years ago, given the super soldier serum and experimented on, the Tesseract broke me out of the mind control then gave me more abilities. Y'know, the usual." You took a breath of air as you finally finished speaking. You didn't think you'd ever spoken this much in a long time. You usually stuck to giving silent treatment. "I'd ask you the same question but I already know."

Steve didn't say anything but his eyes showed sympathy as he heard the run-through you gave, he then looked down at the tablet in his hands. He seemed like a chill enough guy to you. You'd give him an 8 out of 10 on the 'good teammate' chart.

"We're about 40 minutes out from home base, sir." One of the pilots said. Coulson took of his headset in response, placing it down in front of him before standing from his seat and beginning to approach Steve. You glanced at him but stayed quiet for now.

"So, this Dr. Banner was trying to replicate the serum they used on me?" He asked the agent. Hulk huh? You thought to yourself. They really knocked this one out of the park if they're bringing the Hulk into this team.

"A lot of people were." Coulson replied as he held onto the top of the jet. "You were the world's first superhero."

You let out an audible snicker as you heard him say 'first', you weren't sure why you did but it just felt right. You looked up to see their gazes resting on you. "Nothing." You said quietly before shaking your head. "Banner is the one who turns big, green and angry, right?" You asked for assurance. Coulson nodded to you and you thought about it for a moment. "And he's on this 'team' too?" Coulson nodded again. "Any chance I'd get to fight him?" You asked slyly. The two just stared at you making you raise your hands in defence. "Just a question."

"When he's not that thing, though, the guy's like a Stephen Hawking." Phil said to Steve, thinking about Bruce and his smarts. Steve looked at Coulson with a confused expression, not understanding who he was talking about. For a moment you started wondering how you could not know who Stephen Hawking is, then realised he'd probably not been thawed for too long.

"He's a genius." You said before Coulson. Phil nodded in agreement. You looked at your nails, turning them into their clawed state. It always felt oddly satisfying to do that. Your little stunt caught Cap's attention again, looking over at your hand.

"How do you do that?" He questioned. You had never specified what your bag of tricks was full of, so the deadly nails had obviously caught him off guard.

"When I was given the super soldier serum, they added a little something extra in there. I'm not sure what it was... but now I have retractable claws and the power to shapeshift into a wolf... so that's pretty cool, I suppose." You trailed off at the end. You wouldn't admit it, but being an almost literal werewolf wasn't fun. One wrong move and it was easy to accidentally activate your claws and stab yourself or someone.