Chapter 11

Addison drove away from hers and James' home until she couldn't see through her tears anymore. She pulled into the public parking lot for a beach and pulled to the very back so she could be alone and away from other cars.

She had been so strong when she confronted James. She was truly surprised that she hadn't been a blubbering mess.

But now, sitting alone and feeling the true weight of what had happened to her, she sobbed.

She cried for the love she lost, for the future she thought she'd have, and for the shear betrayal she felt. She couldn't imagine a worse pain than what she was feeling right now.

And if she didn't have enough to cry about, there was the issue of where she'd be sleeping tonight.

§

Addison drove into town to try to get a hotel but everything was either booked or way out of her price range. The prices were driven up because it was a week away from Memorial Day. She wasn't rich, James was. She was a struggling writer, she barely had enough money each month to keep her apartment.

She found a cute cafe in a bookstore and sheltered in there while she figured out her gameplan. She thought about Noah and how things were going for him today. She wanted to text him to check in, but for all she knew Megan and Noah were in a make-up sex fest right now.

As if he could feel her thinking about him, a text popped up from Noah on her phone.

How are you?

She smiled at her phone.

It had been hours since Addison left, Noah couldn't stop thinking about her. He wanted to text her, but was afraid that she and James had made up. He wanted her to be happy, but he couldn't deny a part of him wished she ended things too, so they could get through this together.

As friends of course.

He was sitting home alone, Megan had come and gone. She called her sister to come help her grab all her clothes. The rest of the house was furnished by Noah, there wasn't much in the house that was Megan's besides her clothes and accessories.

When Melanie, Megan's sister, had walked in she knew something was wrong. Noah didn't want to tell her, simply because he wanted to be done with the situation and didn't want to have to hear Melanie's apologies for her sister's behavior. Melanie was sweet, but he couldn't handle that right now.

In a few hours Megan and all her stuff was gone, and Noah felt so alone.

So his mind had wandered to his partner in misery; Addison.

Her name flashed on his phone, replying to his text.

Doin pretty shitty if I do say so myself.

Noah smiled.

That bad, huh?

Oh Noah, I hope you're having a better day than me.

I'm probably not. Want to come over and complain to each other?

Addison laughed to herself in the cafe, a smile creeping on her face.

I'll bring the wine.