Chapter 21

Addison sprinted up the stairs, almost tripping. She wasn't sure if that was from the wine or from Noah's lingering touch. She ran to her room and shut the door, locking it.

She stood there a moment, gasping for breath. As she calmed her fingers came up to trace her lips, her neck, her stomach. Everywhere he had touched her. She felt electrified and energized, like she had been starved and his touch had fueled her.

She sighed and let her head fall back against the door. What did that mean?

Noah dealt with Megan. She was oblivious to what had just happened moments before.

She came in and grabbed her album, and walked out without any mention of Addison. He would've thought it was odd that she so calmly came in and left without any issues, but he was more concerned with the woman upstairs than the one walking out the back door.

As soon as he shut and locked the door behind Megan he ran upstairs, taking them two at a time. He stopped at Addison's shut door. His heart fell. She regretted it. Noah dragged a hand down his face. His body was awake but his mind was tired. He didn't want to just go to sleep without talking to her, but he didn't want to bother her either.

He decided he would at least try. He walked to her door and softly knocked, "Addy?"

She didn't respond, and it killed her not to. She lay in her bed, trying to calm down, but she couldn't. Her body was begging for him. She listened to him sigh and walk away. Heard his shower kick on.

She should shower. A cold shower.

She wondered for a moment if that's what he was doing, taking a cold shower to calm his body down. Or was he stroking himself, thinking about her?

She bit her lip as she imagined that for a moment.

"Fuck, Addison. Get your mind out of the gutter." She whispered to herself.

Noah was in the shower, trying to calm himself down. But all he could think about was her body beneath him. Her moan, the breathlessness of her voice when she whispered his name. He groaned to himself.

He had to relieve himself or he'd never get to bed, so instead of fighting it any longer, he embraced it.

He closed his eyes and pictured her again, reaching for himself.

He stroked as he thought about the warmth of her core when her legs tightened around his waist. He imagined not getting interrupted by Megan. How he would've ripped Addison's shirt open, kissed, and licked her breasts. Making his way down until he shimmied her shorts off and saw her bare for the first time.

He imagined kissing it, licking it, until she squirmed beneath him begging him for more. He imagined what she tasted like.

He tried to quiet his groan as he finished, the orgasm washing through his body. His heart raced. As he let the water run down his face he wished that he didn't have to imagine it.

He cursed Megan for interrupting and hoped Addison would talk to him tomorrow.

Megan haphazardly threw the family album in her car, which she had so tactfully parked in James' driveway. She grabbed the bottle of scotch that she had bought on her way here, it was James' favorite. She hoped it would seal the deal for him to let her sleepover.

She let the car door fall shut behind her and scurried up the walk to his door.

Before she could finish knocking James ripped the door open.

He hadn't spoken a word and already Megan knew this night wasn't going to go the way she had hoped.

"Why are you here?" He asked her, he seemed emotionless.

Megan was taken aback. "I had to grab a personal item from Noah's that I had left behind and--"

"So you saw Addison over there, then?" He cut her off.

Confused Megan shook her head, eyebrows furrowing. "What?"

"Addison has been staying with Noah this entire time." Megan noted that James hadn't let her in yet.

"I didn't see her, James. I grabbed my photos and left." She could feel her optimism dwindling.

"Well she is, I saw her today. They're probably fucking."

For the first time, Megan tried to recall her very short interaction with Noah only moments before. He seemed out of breath, on edge. Had his hair been tousled, lips slightly red?

She decided to keep that information to herself, James seemed in no mood.

Megan grew frustrated with standing in the doorway. "Is that why you're in a piss-poor mood?"

James' eyes squinted at her. "You could say that."

Megan rolled her eyes. "Even if they are sleeping together, why are you pissed about that? Better yet, why are you taking it out on me?"

James ignored the question. "Is there something you wanted?"

Exasperated Megan threw her hand up, incredulous. "Maybe a better question is, why are you acting like you didn't do exactly the same thing, James, but worse? Because you were in a relationship with Addison and now they're both single."

She was met with a door in the face as James slammed it.